Whittier College is an independent, four-year Liberal Arts College distinguished by its small size (1600 undergraduates) and a nationally recognized liberal arts program.Whittier College has a history of strong and innovative interdisciplinary programs and a diverse student body.The College is ideally situated in the scenic hills eighteen miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
Associate Director of Admission
The Admission Office at Whittier College seeks an Associate Director of Admission. Reporting to the Director of Admission, the Associate Director of Admission is an administrative position in the Office of Admission that will be responsible for helping provide leadership and direction. They will support the Executive Director of Admission in all strategic planning related to policies, practices, and procedures for the Office of Admission. This position will be responsible for direct supervision of the Graduate Admission Recruiter and will devote 10% of their time to support the admission and outreach processes for the Graduate Programs in Education. This position could be assigned direct supervision of entry-level admission counseling staff, which includes the development and execution of a training for newly hired staff. This position will lead our efforts in
developing informal and formal admission recruitment partnerships and programs with Community Based
Organizations, Charter School Networks, and School Districts to help build new first-year student
pipelines. This position will also maintain all traditional admission counselor and territory management
duties, including application reading, serving as counselor of the day, and recruitment travel.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Full Time/Part Time status: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000; Salary will commensurate with experience, skills, and knowledge.
Reports to: Executive Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Location/Department: Whittier College (Main Campus)/Admission
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•	Serve as a proxy for the Executive Director of Admission and Financial Aid as assigned
•	10% of this position will be devoted to supporting admission and recruitment activities for t graduate admission
•	Supervision over Graduate Admission Recruiter
•	Supervision of professional staff (entry-level admission counselors)
•	Manages assigned recruitment territories and student applications
•	Assists with planning, implementation, and monitoring of recruitment strategies and their success
•	Plan, execute, and assist with first year and transfer admission events, including Fall Open House and Admitted Student Reception
•	Develop partnerships and programs with high schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations to build new first-yearand transfer student pipelines
•	Creates and runs new staff training program and supports day-to-day functions of the Admission Office
•	Works collaboratively and serves as a liaison to other departments on campus, including academic offices, athleticoffices, and financial aid.
•	Counsel prospective students on all aspects of the admission process, including application and financial aid support
•	Support all on-campus/virtual efforts by leading on-campus/virtual information sessions, fielding phone calls,responding to emails, welcoming walk-in visitors, answering general inquiries, and leading campus tours as necessary
•	Represent Whittier College at regional events, high school visits, special events, and other college recruitment events
•	Maintains high level of knowledge and awareness of higher education trends and college policies
Non-essential Functions of the Job:
•	None identified at this time.
Position Specifications and Requirements:
At least 8 years of admission experience is strongly preferred.
Supervisory experience over professional or student staff strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Education:
Bachelor's degree required. Effective interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to relate well to students, faculty, parents and staff are essential. Requires an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is able to work well with enthusiasm as part of a team. Valid driver's license and dependable transportation required.
Application Deadline:until the position is filled.
The position is based in Whittier, California. To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
or mail to Whittier College, Attn: Human Resources Manager, 13406 E Philadelphia Street Whittier, CA 90608. AA/EOE.
Whittier College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, religion creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal Law
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency