Adjunct Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scanning)
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Adjunct Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scanning)
Position Title: Adjunct Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scanning)
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Work hours (for hourly positions): Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Adjunct/Faculty
Employment Type: Adjunct Part-Time
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Certified in Radiography and in good standing with the AART. Must have two years clinical supervision of student radiographers or teaching experience in an approved and good standing accredited Radiography Program recognized by a RAA or the JRCERT. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to and from clinical affiliates as assigned. Adjunct faculty clinical instructors must have a BA or BS degree in any discipline.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1023
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
The Community College of Allegheny County, located in Pittsburgh, is the largest institution of postsecondary higher education in Pennsylvania.
The college serves approximately 30,000 credit students through our four campuses, five centers and online programming. An additional 35,000 students per year enhance their knowledge and job skills through thousands of CCAC non-credit and workforce development courses.
Incorporating a learning-centered environment committed to the future of the region, CCAC continues to expand its reach through innovative programming and accessible instruction offered via convenient day, evening, weekend and online courses. CCAC endeavors to fulfill its mission to provide affordable access to quality education and offer a dynamic, diverse and supportive learning environment that prepares the region’s residents for academic, professional and personal success in a changing global society.
The Community College of Allegheny County provides a supportive and transformative learning environment that prepares graduates to meet critical needs in the region’s workforce. Stakeholders have strong personal connections with CCAC and support it as a sound investment in community and economic vitality.
The Mission of the Community College of Allegheny County is to provide affordable access to quality education and offer a dynamic, diverse and supportive learning environment that prepares the region’s residents for academic, professional and personal success in our changing global society.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert