Posting Close Date:
The BioFrontiers Institute at the University of Colorado Boulder is pleased to announce a multi-position faculty hiring initiative. As an interdisciplinary research institute with global impact, we seek talented, ambitious individuals from diverse backgrounds with boundary-pushing vision in the life sciences, physical sciences, computational biology, or bioengineering. We are particularly interested in applicants whose work intersects with the institute themes of regenerative biology & engineering, degenerative diseases, infectious diseases, computational biology, or Down syndrome. Areas of interest include but are not limited to: stem cell biology and organoids, tissues and organs on a chip, biomaterials, tissue engineering, diagnostics and drug delivery, immunoengineering, multiscale and multimodal optical imaging, biomechanics, and platform development for translational medicine. We encourage creative and collaborative individuals, particularly women and people identifying with underrepresented minority groups, to apply.
The BioFrontiers Institute integrates faculty from 11 academic departments across 2 colleges to address significant problems in biology and medicine with interdisciplinary approaches. Successful candidates will have a tenure home in either the College of Engineering and Applied Science or in the College of Arts and Sciences. They will develop an independent, internationally recognized research program that is synergistic with other programs of the University of Colorado community. Duties will include research, teaching, and service. Candidates must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. as well as a demonstrated commitment to teaching and fostering diversity through inclusive practices.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At the University of Colorado BioFrontiers Institute, researchers from the life sciences, physical sciences, computer science and engineering are working together to uncover new knowledge at the frontiers of science and partnering with industry to transform their discoveries into new tools. We believe that a diverse faculty is essential to achieving our scientific mission and are aligned with the CU Boulder Inclusion, Diversity, and Excellence in Academics Plan https://www.colorado.edu/odece/cu-boulder-diversity-plan.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- We are looking for an innovative and collaborative scientist or engineer with both the background and the vision to build a globally recognized research program.
- Further, we seek someone committed to excellence in interdisciplinary education and mentoring.
- Responsibilities will be split between research, teaching, and service to the Institute, Department, University, and profession.
What We Can Offer
- We expect to hire one or more faculty members at the assistant professor rank for a tenure-track position. We may consider exceptional candidates at the associate or full professor rank. Candidates will have a tenure home in either the College of Engineering and Applied Science or the College of Arts and Sciences.
- As part of the University of Colorado Boulder’s deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a reference check pilot program with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check pilot program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate's conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination – before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary range will be $85,000 - $175,000 annually for the academic year, depending on faculty rank, qualifications, and experience.
The University of Colorado offers comprehensive and competitive benefits https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/benefits
, including medical, dental, paid parental leave, and retirement plans.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Candidates must have a PhD and/or MD, or an equivalent degree.
- Demonstrable success in scientific research
- Commitment to interdisciplinary teaching
- Professional development of diversity and inclusion skills and application of these skills to research, teaching, and mentoring activities.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research Philosophy that includes future research plans
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three
references. We will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
For full consideration, please apply by Nov. 1, 2022. The ad to be posted until Dec. 1, 2022. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Professor/42958
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency