Position Title: Part-Time Instructor - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Requisition Number: req3042
Compensation: Based on education, experience, and courses taught
Job Grade: X
Department: School of Health, Wellness, & Public Safety
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Compensation Type: Dependent on education and courses taught
Campus Location: Main Campus
Part-time faculty members are determined to be eligible for benefits annually based on a 12 month look back period from October through September each year. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children. Pay is dependent upon class assignment and degree held. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. Collaborate with the Dean and colleagues to improve the student learning experience. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary each class and by term. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for in-completes within established College timelines.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries.
- Assist students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a registered Sonographer through either the ARDMS or CCI
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience within the last five years
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Registered in additional modalities including but not limited to abdomen, obstetrics/gynecology, fetal echo, vascular, cardiac (adult, pediatric, or fetal), AND/OR breast sonography.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.