: TRIO Student Support ServicesLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Sep 27, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, maintain grant, budget and student files and records; provide administrative support to Student Support Services/TRIO Program Staff; and coordinate data collection to meet grant objectives and provide any requested data to College.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain student files and computer records for student participants, activities and budget.
- Using program's student data base, compile and work with data relating to program services and federal report requirements and prepare data for annual federal report.
- Establish and maintain data records as needed to assist with grant, program, and college requirements. Maintain information accuracy.
- Compose, type and prepare routine correspondence, reports and memoranda for administrator/faculty/staff members.
- Maintain efficient, timely, and accurate responses to internal and external inquiries via phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and prepare, organize, and submit invoices, purchase requests, travel forms, and other college-related documents. Monitor and track expenses associated with departmental budgets.
- Coordinate data collection and preparation of mid-year, annual and other reports required by the grant.
- Participate in ongoing Enrollment Center cross training to develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students, staff, and visitors.
- Create, revise and update procedures needed for program services and to comply with federal report requirements. Track required forms and create reports.
- Attend Student Support Services/TRIO Program staff meetings and take minutes.
- Assist with front desk coverage.
- Attend college meetings and trainings as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years administrative assistant experience and previous experience with grant writing/reporting preferred.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Intermediate word processing intermediate spreadsheet application (Advanced Microsoft Excel preferred), and beginning presentation application skills are required. Beginning database application skill (Microsoft Access preferred) is desired.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Ability to multitask among shifting priorities and maintain professionalism with internal and external visitors in a high traffic area.
- Experience with the TRIO Grant program strongly preferred.
- Experience with student support programs and services, particularly in a college setting, is preferred.
Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Student Support Services/TRIO. Administrator supervision received from the AVP/Dean of Access, Equity, and Diversity.
Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; 25 hours per week - flexible hours.
This is a temporary grant position and continued employment, is based on the successful renewal of the grant.
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day probationary period, employees are required to report to campus.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. O
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.