28-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This JobJob Summary
The Fort Valley State University Cooperative Extension Program is seeking candidates for the Administrative Assistant position. The administrative assistant is responsible for performing a wide range of administrative office duties and programmatic support functions in the office of the Associate Dean for Extension/Administrator, Cooperative Extension Department.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and provide excellent customer service.
- Must be computer literate and possess good typing skills.
- Must be familiar with FVSU process of routing payment requests and the submission of contracts and requisitions.
- Must be able to process travel authorizations, service agreements, etc.
- Answer professionally, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receive and direct clientele/visitors.
- General clerical duties including typing, photo copying, scanning, faxing and mailing.
- Proof materials as requested by the Associate Dean for Extension.
- Order supplies, maintain inventory, bookkeeping and recordkeeping.
- Receptive to training designed to enhance job skills.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system for retrieving documents.
- Ability to resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, zoom appointments and travel arrangements.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Document/record minutes of departmental meetings.
- Occasionally represent the department at open houses outside of regular office hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned (i.e., prepay hotel and airline requests, for Extension Program Leaders and CARET representatives, as needed).
- Make plans for Congressional Hill visits for Cooperative Extension employees, the College of AG and CARET representatives.
- Must be able to supervise student employees.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years relevant experience
- Regular schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- This position is with Cooperative Extension, evenings after 5pm or weekends are not required, unless a special program is scheduled.
- Occasional travel at least twice a year for conferences.
- Performs repetitive tasks periodically
- Required to stand or walk (i.e., some Extension Programs, deliveries to other departments) occasionally.
- Lift and /or move 25 pounds.
- Student employees as necessary
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com