Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Support and Enrichment
Posting Close Date:
The Office of Undergraduate Education
at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for the Assistant Vice Provost (AVP) for Academic Support and Enrichment
position. This role reports directly to the dean and vice provost of undergraduate education (dean and vice provost) and provides strategic vision, leadership, and oversight of campus-wide student academic support and enrichment programs and initiatives. The AVP establishes goals and priorities for undergraduate student success, conceptualizes and develops new programs to enhance students' educational experiences and outcomes, determines the direction of program growth and change, formulates operational guidelines and procedures for student success programs and initiatives, and collaborate with a wide array of academic partners. The AVP's portfolio includes oversight of campus-wide student support and enrichment programs such as Undergraduate Enrichment Programs (UEP, including Norlin Scholars and Boettcher Scholars, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), and Professional and Academic Conference Endowment (PACE)), Office of Top Scholarships, the Writing Center, the International Student Academic Success Program, Student Academic Success Center (SASC), Presidents Leadership Class (PLC) and Education Abroad (EA). The AVP also coordinates tutoring, math placement, mid-term course alerts, CU-101, retention/re-enrollment campaigns, and various student data and assessment processes for campus. This work in support of student success necessitates close collaborations with the associate vice provost for advising and exploratory studies; campus advising director; student success manager; directors of the Office of Top Scholarships, UEP, International Student Academic Success Program and the faculty director of the Writing Center; as well as with campus partners including dean's offices and advising units in the schools and colleges, Division of Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, the Office of the Registrar, Office of Information Technology, and the Office of Data Analytics.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) is a campus office reporting to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Assessment within the Division of Academic Affairs. Our charge is to examine the undergraduate student experience, assess student and program outcomes, identify gaps, and launch and support student-facing campus initiatives to promote student success. We are responsible for a variety of academic programs; international programs, including Education Abroad and International Student & Scholar Services and the Program in Exploratory Studies, which is home to approximately 25% of entering first-year students each year. The Office is also the home to the campus first-year advising network and cross-campus advising initiatives. We work with a wide array of campus partners to conceptualize and develop new student success initiatives that will enable CU Boulder to recruit and retain a highly competitive and diverse undergraduate student body.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Academic Support, Enrichment, and Student Success:
Office of Undergraduate Education Personnel and Fiscal Management:
- Lead and coordinate campus-wide communities of practice in critical academic support areas such as tutoring, early alerts, and student success analytics.
- Provide guidance to campus-supported initiatives including the Learning Assistants program.
- Engage in campus-wide projects concentrating on student success, such as the Buff Undergraduate Success Leadership Implementation Team (BUS-LIT) initiative.
- Partner with the Office of Data Analytics to create and deploy campus data tools. Serve as a primary campus advocate for the use of these tools.
- Collaborate with units, including schools and colleges, Student Affairs, the Registrar’s Office, Enrollment Management, and Continuing Education to develop and implement processes to act on insights derived from predictive analytics and other student data sources.
- Provide expertise on assessing the effectiveness of student success initiatives, academic advising, and student learning outcomes.
- In collaboration with the dean and vice provost, use persistence data to develop an overall student success strategy for undergraduate students and assess the efficacy of programs and initiatives.
- Develop and support new student success initiatives in undergraduate education.
- Work with the associate vice provost for advising and exploratory studies to engage the community in data-informed student success initiatives.
- Serve as the Office of Undergraduate Education representative to the IDEA Council (ex officio), Assessment Steering Committee, Math Placement Committee, and other committees that may be created to support student success.
- Engage in OUE, campus-wide, and CU system planning processes as the campus resource for student success expertise
Other Duties as Assigned (including, but not limited to):
- Leverage resources available to realize each unit’s vision and mission.
- Supervise the directors of the International Student Academic Success Program, Office of Top Scholarships, UEP, Student Academic Success Center, Education Abroad and Presidents Leadership Class, and the faculty director of the Writing Center.
- Provide effective and efficient management of human resources, including (but not limited to) performance management, supervision, and training and mentoring of staff reporting to the AVP.
- Provide strategic oversight of budget in programs reporting to the AVP, manage operating budget, and develop business plans for units.
- Participate in planning to use fiscal resources to ensure staffing and operations are efficient and sustainable.
What You Should Know
- Represent OUE at events as needed.
- Serve as a resource to OUE colleagues particularly related to academic support programs and new student success initiatives.
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The salary range for this position is $131,000 - $135,000 per year.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be dynamic. Be visionary. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What We Would Like You To Have
- MA or other advanced degree.
- Five years of experience with academic support programs, student success initiatives, and undergraduate policies.
- Three years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Experience using student persistence data to assess and improve the effectiveness of student success programs.
- PhD or other doctoral degree.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration in a sophisticated higher education setting, or experience as a faculty member.
- Eight years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Experience with student success initiatives and undergraduate policies and processes at CU Boulder.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 28, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Vice-Provost-for-Academic-Support-and-Enrichment/43286
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency