Learning Systems Administrator
We are seeking an Learning Systems Administrator. The Learning Systems Administrator provides important programmatic, project, technical and departmental support to ensure that needs, demands, and requests for learning throughout the Johns Hopkins University community (faculty, staff and students) are met. Provides critical troubleshooting, configuration/maintenance, and testing of the Learning Management System (LMS), including resolving technical problems that arise in the system. Writes and maintains standard operating procedures for the LMS. Gathers and translates business requirements in to functional/technical specifications and designs. Also acts as a support and implementation resource to the Learning Solutions team in the development and implementation of data analytics and reporting on all aspects of learning operations. Tests and implements new reports, dashboards, and other data visualization tools that integrates LMS with HRIS/SAP, Student Information System (SIS), JHED data as well as data from third party learning content providers not fully integrated into the LMS (e.g. LinkedIn Learning). Works with Instructional designers and developers to ensure that their training products are uploaded and can launch appropriately in the LMS.
The Learning Systems Administrator is customer focused and able to work closely with team members to accomplish program and departmental goals, as well as the strategic learning and development initiatives of Talent Management. The Learning Systems Administrator develops and manages relationships with internal and external business partners. They work closely with the Sr. Learning Systems administrator and stakeholders to review and evaluate program efficiency, effectiveness, outcomes, and future needs with emphasis on monitoring problems and analyzing related data. Makes recommendations for process oriented solutions based on findings.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
LMS Systems Support
- In conjunction with the Sr. Learning System Administrator, supports the configuration, implementation, maintenance, performance, production/test support and documentation of the Enterprise Learning Management System (LMS). Occasionally this work needs to occur outside of core business hours due to the requirement of supporting the LMS to keep system operational at all time.
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and non-routine daily operation, use, and configuration of the LMS.
- Ensures Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are kept current.
- Trains university LMS admins. on current and new features and functions of the LMS.
- Supports the analyzing of data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements for the LMS.
- Manage the delivery and collection of behavioral assessments including; creation of group summary data, and teaching tools for Learning Solution clients.
- Acts with (and in place of on occasion) the Sr Learning System Administrator (when they are unavailable) in managing issues with the LMS in collaboration with JH Information Technology teams, the LMS vendor, and third-party learning content providers.
- Troubleshoots issues and provides training on how to utilize and optimize the LMS.
Data Analytics And Reporting
- Prepare internal and external reports and presentation materials and other deliverables as assigned through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information from team members, leaders, internal and external business partners.
- Include data gathering, data flow diagrams, and documentation in all plans.
- Create custom reports using various reporting software tools and integrate LMS data with other data sources (e.g. HRIS data from SAP, SuccessFactors, LinkedIn Learning etc.) to create reports, dashboards and other data visualization tools.
- Supply the management for Learning Solutions, Talent Management and other HR offices complex metrics including graphs and other data visualization tools.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and maintain important metrics to measure ROI and effectiveness of the learning and development programs.
- Benchmark data against other learning organizations including but not limited to the Ivy Plus, integrate learnings into practices for data visualization.
- Make recommendations for continuous enhancement of learning metrics and data analytics management.
- Ensure alignment with strategic initiatives in terms of system design, and reporting capabilities.
- Writes and maintains technical procedures and policy documentation.
- Serve on committees as requested (internal/interdepartmental).
- One year of experience in data collection, data analysis, data cleansing, relational databases, development and management. Three to five years of related experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in data collection, data analysis, data cleansing, relational databases, development and management.
Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
Special Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in data analytics, data science, information technology or similar.
- Proficient in the use and functions of learning management systems.
- Proficient in creating dashboards and other data visualization tools using Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and other business intelligence software tools.
- Must be capable of working independently and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Collaborates and works effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Energetic in researching and resolving problems. Display a willingness to take initiative and contribute ideas, demonstrates good judgement in resolving issues and problems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Maintain a high standard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to implement process and technical improvements.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (including Teams, One Drive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced Formulas.
- Data, Power Query, Tables and Formatting.
- Conditional Formatting.
- Advanced Charting.
- Pivot Tables and Pivot Reporting.
- VBA and Macros.
- Data Tables, Simulations and Solver.
- Highly proficient in relational database management including but not limited to, creating tables with structure, inserting data frames, etc.
- Highly proficient in web authoring tools.
- Highly proficient in the use and functions of learning management systems.
- Ability to create yearly position and development goals and communicate with your supervisor.
- Confidentiality, initiative and tact, mature and independent judgment.
Classified Title: LMS Administrator
Starting Salary Range: $52,230 - $71,890 (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Eastern High Campus
Department name: Financial Info Tchlgy Training Program
Personnel area: University Administration
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Learning-Systems-Administrator-MD-21218/941488700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency