Position Title: ITS Project Manager
Requisition Number: req2933
Compensation: 52,902.00 - 63,483.00
Job Grade: E4
Department: Information Technology Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Exempt (Salaried)
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages projects relating to college admissions, registration, academic records, graduation and associated technologies; and supports projects originating from other areas of student services. Has a shared responsibility for the day-to-day management under the Senior ITS Project Manager of assigned programs/projects and may be responsible for project management and facilitation of one or more high priority or medium to high complexity project(s), mission-critical enterprise-wide initiatives, and/or continuous business improvement items. Additionally, this role has a shared responsibility for supporting and training in project management operations and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with Director ITS Project Manager prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
- May manage project development; defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders; develops project plans and associated documents; and plans, schedules and tracks project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Adheres to the established enterprise methodologies, practices and procedures for documentation, project management, programming, configuration, change management, testing, deployment and system monitoring.
- Assesses risks and assisting in risk mitigation.
- Completes assigned tasks/projects on time, on budget and in scope.
- Current knowledge of changes in policies, practices and procedures
- Plans and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Coordinates resource estimates and participants needed to achieve project goals. Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the organization.
- Tracks changes in project scope, budget, project issues, potential risks, and devises contingency plans.
- Develops and delivers status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, change/risk/issue logs, earned value analysis, meeting minutes and presentations.
- Coordinates and ensures that training specific to the project is planned and executed.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience.
- Associate's degree and four (4) years of related experience.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Certified Scrum Master
- PMP Certification
Additional Comments to Applicants:
CNM is actively seeking an engaging an IT Project Manager to join our Information Technology Services (ITS) division. This position will play a key role in managing projects across the college including project budgets. The position will be working inside a formal PMO and will adhere to established enterprise methodologies, practices and procedures for documentation and tool usage. Initially the position will be focused on assisting with the implementation of our new ERP/SIS system. This system is being implemented in collaboration with 3 other community colleges. As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.