Position Title: Business Analyst
Requisition Number: req2931
Compensation: 55,310.00 - 66,372.00
Job Grade: E4
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Exempt (Salaried)
Campus Location: Workforce Training Center
This is a limited term position through 6/30/2024. As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
An ideal candidate will poses the following experience and or attributes: Will support change management and/or workflow redesign, ensuring systems are functioning as expected, data integrity and end-user satisfaction. In collaboration with various stakeholders, supports continuous quality/process improvement of business processes. Collaborates with CNM Information Technology Services (ITS), as appropriate, in the design and development of business process automation and system optimization. Gathers data; evaluates data integrity, relevance and completeness. Prepares reports utilizing best practices to illustrate analysis of data, context and comparability of data Draws from data analysis, observations and recommendations to support strategic and/or tactical planning. Develops data Dashboards and/or maintains updates consistently and timely .Analyze the structure of a business to determine how it operates and determine its objectives. Identify existing problems with the current business model.. Develop comprehensive end-to-end (E2E) test cases at the application and multi-application levels. As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst is responsible for formulating and defining scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, technology available and industry requirements. The business analyst is responsible for providing insights and suggest improvements to existing and new software applications. This position will work alongside the software development teams and perform detailed requirement’s analysis, documenting processes, planning and coordinating unit, integration and acceptance tests. The business analyst is responsible for enhancing the quality of products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions, and finding technical solutions to business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- May develop or modify procedures to solve complex business problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Possesses some technical knowledge of all phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- May assist in developing and maintaining written project documentation such as; applications, including best practices, processes, user friendly procedures, project scope, business process document, RACI, and RAID(l) logs.
- Assist in editing and revising written documentation such as test plans, user stories, use cases, business process model and notation, in collaboration with users.
- Knowledge of written documentation of technological system(s), application(s), and web projects including modifications, enhancements, problems, interfaces, data dictionary maintenance, etc.
- May participate in the process of uncovering business goals, shaping them in clear and understandable terms, and identifying and evaluating a range of solutions.
- Revises and assists in developing user-friendly procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
- May provide training for end-users.
- May provide data analyses and ad-hoc reporting through the use of research and query tools.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Department staff to understand requirements in the creation, upgrading, and maintenance of programs, databases, and reports.
- Assists in identifying, compiling, and delivering required metrics by proactively managing multiple data sources. Continually reviews and finds ways to improve current processes for greater efficiencies and reduction in non-value added activities working in partnership with key stakeholders internal and external to Purchasing.
- May generate, distribute and maintain concise set of standard reports that provide insight into operational statistics, performance, and trending.
- May participate in a team that develops software applications and interfaces. Researches and analyzes system problems. Tests systems and database functions, upgrades and/or patches, as well as new third-party software or hardware implementation to ensure proper functioning of systems.
- Understands Structured Query Language (SQL) and other related reports.
- Understands data entry standards for Credit and Non-Credit areas of the college, technical support and training for ERP, SIS, LMS end-users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of related experience including systems implementation experience
- PMI Professional Certification in Business Analysis (PBA)
- Other industry-recognized certifications directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position and four (4) years related experience including systems implementation experience.
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Experience with systems/programs, such as Salesforce, Jira, Smartsheet, Microsoft Suite: Teams, Excel, SharePoint, Power Automate