Social Media Assistant (Temporary)Working Title::
Social Media Assistant (Temporary)Position Number::
SHGRNTFull-time or Part-time::
Part TimeTime Limited Position::
YesNumber of Vacancies::
Office of Strategic CommunicationsPosting Number::
$16.00 - $20.00 per hourOverall Position Competency::
TMPDescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
The Office of Strategic Communication at Fayetteville State University is seeking a dynamic Social Media Assistant with experience developing and implementing impactful social/digits media content across FSU social media platforms with the aim to build brand awareness and enhance the University’s reputation locally, nationally, and internationally. This position will report directly to the University Social Media Manager. This individual will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing Fayetteville State University’s social and digital media presence, including supporting communications campaigns for all University events and will work to advance storytelling and brand awareness efforts. This position is ideal for a candidate with a background in communications, social media, and digital media.Description of Work Continued::
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements::
- Growing and maintaining FSU’s social media presence across all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok) to create a vibrant and dynamic online presence.
- Identify opportunities to build Fayetteville State University’s visibility and enhance its reputation online through innovative use of social media platforms and execute accordingly.
- Execute social marketing campaigns and strategies, including marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and promotions.
- Communicate key themes and messages that align with University’s mission, marketing programs, program launches, campaigns, etc.
- Manage the University’s relationship with the communities across all the social media platforms in which it officially operates.
- Build social media partnerships to maximize opportunities with like-minded missions and investigate opportunities to advance University relations’ objectives through compelling social media campaigns.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Develops, plans and implements creative programs, campaigns and content that grows fan base and increases engagement.
- Maintains editorial calendar for key social media initiatives to provide fresh and engaging daily content.
- Monitors trends, news stories, etc. to ensure content is relevant and timely.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and divisions on incorporating relevant social media techniques into departmental communications.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify and report reputational threats and inappropriate conversations.
- Manage online reputation by monitoring news and trends in social media and flagging negative feedback, criticism of the university and/ or other emerging issues.
- Recommend new social media tools, sites and applications.
- Maintain social media dashboard and corresponding reporting; track metrics and analyze efficacy of campaigns in effort to maximize reach and results.
- Monitor effective best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School DiplomaKnowledge skills and abilities::
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and strategies to drive engagement and grow/increase presence across platforms.
- Willingness to work during non-standard business hours.
- Organized, self-directed and self-disciplined.
- Writing must demonstrate attention to audience and detail.
Open Until Filled::
- Experience with social media platforms specifically, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok,YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Must be able to work independently as well as team oriented
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.EEO Statement::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).Veteran's Statement:
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Quick Link: