Faculty Data and Reporting Specialist
Posting Close Date:
The University of Colorado Boulder Associate Vice Chancellor of Faculty Affairs department encourages applications for the Faculty Data and Reporting Specialist. This is a full-time, university staff position responsible for managing data processes related to faculty personnel actions and reporting. Key components of this position are data entry of core faculty data into the campus Faculty Information System (FIS), supporting required annual faculty reporting, including Annual Faculty Report on Professional Activities (FRPA), and compiling annual and occasional reports for Faculty Affairs. In addition, this position bridges the gap between technical and business requirements to evaluate processes, determine requirements, deliver data-driven solutions, generate reports and other data products and enhance the quality of the services delivered to campus leadership and partners. FIS is a multi-user, tiered data-centric system of record used since 1994 to track faculty information including appointments, faculty leaves, annual merit ratings, tenure and comprehensive review schedules, sabbatical eligibility and reports, awards, post-tenure review, faculty professional and outreach activities, research interests, and other business critical faculty data. This position is housed in the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) on the Boulder campus and reports to the Director of Faculty Data & Impact. As an Academic Services Professional, this position will exercise discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in academic and administrative services functions.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Faculty Affairs coordinates a variety of activities associated with faculty life and academic programming on the Boulder campus. The Office is a branch of Academic Affairs and is administered by the Vice Provost and Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs. The major functions of the Office of Vice Provost and Faculty Affairs include: recruitment, hiring, and appointments; reappointment, tenure, and promotion; post-tenure review; leaves, sabbaticals, and retirement; Academic Review And Planning Advisory Committee (ARPAC); Salary Equity Appeals Committee; faculty relations; processing faculty personnel actions requiring approval by the Board of Regents, President or Chancellor; Faculty Report Of Professional Activities (FRPA); junior faculty mentoring and programming; faculty teaching excellence program; Leadership Education For Advancement And Promotion (LEAP); and faculty benefits and services.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Faculty Data Collection and Infrastructure:
- Establish a practice of structuring faculty information so that campus users use the same up-to-date faculty data and can access it in a shared location.
- Assist the Provost’s Office, OFA, Institutional Research (IR), Human Resources (HR), Office of Data Analytics (ODA) and different units across campus in their faculty data needs (e.g., reports, lists).
- Provide the vice provost for faculty affairs with faculty data as a priority and as requested, both on a regular cadence and ad hoc, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with campus team members, FIS and IR/ODA, and the director of faculty data & impact to establish relevant up-to-date faculty data for campus.
- Identify users’ objectives, their needs and challenges and determine desired solutions and processes.
- Analyze and develop requirements for new faculty information data products (reports, dashboards, datasets, etc.).
- Assist with new data products development to enhance the quality of services provided to leadership and partners.
- Provide access to faculty data in FIS Explorer and developed data products, necessary training, support, and gather user feedback.
Ongoing support includes:
- Serve a key role in developing an interactive framework of FIS tools (in collaboration with the FIS technical team) that provides a streamlined lifecycle management user experience from entering data to measuring faculty members’ impact to recognizing and publicizing it.
- Coordinate processes related to the annual Faculty Report on Professional Activities (FRPA).
- In collaboration with the program director of communications, outreach and scholarly impact, provide support to faculty in using different FIS tools related to the collection, reporting, use, and scholarly impact of faculty data to promote faculty achievements and contributions. FIS tools include FRPA, FRPAport, CU Experts, Symplectic Elements, Faculty Awards, ORCID, FIS Explorer.
- In collaboration with the program director of communications, outreach and scholarly impact, engage faculty in user feedback sessions to understand faculty needs around their career lifecycle management needs. Analyze feedback and decide on possible processes and mechanisms to improve the user experience for entering faculty data and publicizing faculty work.
- Provide a high-quality user experience and ongoing support to faculty members and academic leaders using FIS tools.
Data Entry and Reporting:
- Providing high-quality data services on campus by co-managing the OFA Service Desk to support data requests for faculty data.
- Testing new features released on software upgrades for functionality essential to campus team members.
- Implementing improvements related to new features, reporting needs, data sources, and usability based on user feedback and direction from the FIS technical team.
Post-Tenure Reviews, Sabbaticals and Retirement Agreements:
- Day-to-day data processes: conducting faculty personnel actions data entry, running manual and automated reports, serving as back-up for team members.
- Enter data for appointments, leaves, sabbaticals, tenure, tenure schedules, etc.
- Work with student assistants on data entry.
- Run the monthly Faculty Personnel Action Report and submit to the Provost’s and Chancellor’s Offices.
- Run manual and ad hoc reports.
- Work with the director of faculty data & impact in collaboration with the FIS and ODA to automate annual OFA reports as relevant up-to-date faculty data for campus.
- Maintain position handbook.
- Collaborate with departments and HRSC for corrections needed in HCM.
- Review FIS data for accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with HR and OFA Faculty Personnel team to streamline any documentation used for data entry and enhance the quality of the delivered services.
Provide faculty data subject matter expertise on campus:
- Collect post-tenure reviews and create the post-tenure review report for the campus to be submitted to the President's Office.
- Collect sabbatical reports from colleges/schools and create sabbatical report.
- Provide calculations for retirement agreements.
Additional duties as assigned:
- Provide information on what data is stored in FIS, how that data is entered and documentation workflows in OnBase related to data entry.
- Communicate the context for when data is entered.
- Serve as a reference to how data is stored in HCM and FIS.
- Collaborate on faculty personnel data.
What You Should Know
- Additional duties related to FIS faculty data projects and work flows as identified by the director of faculty data & impact and the vice provost for faculty affairs.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
What We Can Offer
- We anticipate this position will support a hybrid format (remote and in-person work).
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- Salary: $58,000 - $62,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively exchange information with individuals in all types and levels of technical and non-technical positions, including training users of the FIS system and preparing reports.
- Familiarity with standard programs for document preparation, including spreadsheets and text.
- Demonstrable ability to understand policies, workflow processes and data procedures.
- Great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy to perform detailed data entries.
- Knowledge of academic units at CU Boulder.
- Knowledge of academic processes related to core faculty personnel such as hiring, promotion and tenure, sabbaticals, and required reporting.
- Experience with FIS or faculty data and faculty personnel actions in Faculty Affairs.
- Experience with data tools for data entry and data review.
- Proficiency with data analysis and reporting functionality.
- Proficiency in running advanced database queries in SQL or another query language.
- Demonstrated use of database technologies, including coding structures and reports.
- Proficiency working with groups to understand business processes for the purpose of creating database application functionality.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time. Please apply by October 12, 2022 for consideration. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Faculty-Data-and-Reporting-Specialist/43248
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency