System & Network Administrator (HYBRID)
The Information Systems department at Champlain College has a hybrid position available for a dynamic System and Network Administrator. This role is part of Champlain College's Infrastructure team whose mission is to build and maintain the server and network systems that support the functions of the College. The System and Network Administrator is also responsible for providing next-level support to Champlain's help desk, faculty and staff. They will work to ensure the security and efficiency of the campus computing environment.
The System and Network Administrator is required to perform occasional off-hours work during nights and weekends both for urgent issues as well as for maintenance that is required outside of business hours.Key Responsibilities
- System Administration
- Configure, manage, and monitor high availability IT infrastructure including physical, virtual, and cloud servers. Servers will mostly be running Windows Server.
- Learn, maintain, and update cloud environments such as Google Workspace and Microsoft Azure.
- Maintain and update system management tools such as Hyper V Failover cluster manager, Windows Group Policy
- Network Administration
- Provide Tier 2 network support to Champlain's Help Desk
- Assist with management of the College's WiFi and switch networks
- Perform adds/moves/changes for IP addresses, DNS, Active Directory
- IT Operations
- Triage and respond to tickets sent into IT ticketing application
- Perform daily account management tasks in Active Directory, Google Workspace, & Azure AD
- Develop operating procedures and maintain system documentation
- Security Operations
- Perform system and application patching on a regular basis.
- Monitor and tune security tools such as vulnerability scanners, and assessments.
- Monitor and respond to security alerts. Assist in security incident response.
- 2+ years of experience of working in system or network administration role.
- Solid understanding of IP networking including DHCP, DNS, routers, firewalls, switches, VLANs, and WiFi.
- Solid Windows operating system and server application skills including Windows Server (all current versions), Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, and HyperV.
- Basic understanding of telecommunication systems including corporate IP phone systems, and FAX machines.
- Basic knowledge of power systems including UPS units and PDUs.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including either HyperV or VMWare
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic understanding of cloud environments such as Google S Suite and Amazon AWS
- Experience working with Linux.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as on teams
- Willing to embrace the professional responsibility of self-learning new technologies
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-notice
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=150050&CNTRNO=23&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency