Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
010580NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Facility Maintenance Supvervisor - JourneyWorking Title:
Building Interior Maintenance SupervisorSalary Range:
$51,580 - $57,250Anticipate Hiring Range:
$51,580 - $57,250FLSA Status:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Unit:
FM General Trades ShopWork Schedule:
7:00 am – 3:30 pm; Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours required, as necessary.Primary Purpose of Position:
This position is designated as ‘mandatory’ and, when contacted to report to work, its incumbent is expected to reach the campus as expeditiously as possible using normal precautions as dictated by the adverse weather conditions.
Second-line supervisors over a single mechanical or building trades unit or first-line supervisors over a multiple trades facility maintenance unit. Supervision of skilled to highly skilled trades work including but not limited to HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry, and Painting. May also perform skilled trades work.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:Essential Job Duties:
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of experience in trade(s) areas assigned; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a technical college with a major in air conditioning, heating and refrigeration technology, industrial maintenance technology or mechanical engineering technology and a minimum of three years progressive experience in facility maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Tasks will include oversight and supervision for maintenance, repair, placement, fabrication, installation, alteration, construction, and design of facility components in assigned buildings.Other Work Responsibilities:
2. Assign job tasks to individuals and/or work teams, and prepare work schedules and timelines for jobs and projects.
3. Provide and prepare work schedules and timelines for jobs, projects, all staff, and customers.
4. Review work standards to include a review of design documents, prepare estimates to appropriate construction specifications, and purchase parts.
5. Prepare cost/material estimates for funding and construction as required for projects.
6. Ensure that contractors and in-house personnel comply with all aspects of the contract in the most timely and cost-effective manner.
7. Communicate in person at job and phone meetings, etc.
8. Establish and maintain contacts with vendors and contractors.
9. Supervise, inspect, and evaluate the work of personnel and outside contractors assigned to work projects.
10. Monitor operating budget to meet year-end goals and maintenance in areas of responsibility.
1. The position is considered to be fully functioning in a particular trade area. Additionally, this position is expected to be able to perform and lead all general maintenance work at the journey level.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
2. This position may also be given the opportunity to perform/learn another trade discipline.
3. Maintain sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities of this job, including work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time. Position requires after-hours (nights, weekends, holidays) response to emergency or non-emergency calls for campus activities as a Mandatory employee.
4. Wear and use appropriate protective equipment as necessary.
5. Perform other duties as assigned and/or delegated to support all operations.
1. Minimum of five years experience in the commercial building trade areas preferred.Necessary Licenses or Certifications:
2. Supervisory experience.
3. Must have strong working knowledge of all building trades, MEP, asbestos remediation, building envelope, and general construction practices related to commercial architecture
4. Excellent skills in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
5. Computer literate. Knowledge and skill with Google Applications, Microsoft Word, and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs.
6. Valid driver’s license required. The Facility Maintenance Supv operates assigned vehicles on and/or off campus and is required to possess, maintain, or obtain a valid driver’s license upon appointment to the position.
7. Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Positions may be required to possess and maintain required certification, licensure, educational level, and/or experience criteria as applicable to the tasks being performed and follow applicable building codes.Work Location:
FM BuildingPosting date:
10/16/2022Proposed Hire Date:
10/31/2022Special Notes to Applicants:
UNC Charlotte Benefits Information: https://hr.charlotte.edu/benefits
The finalist will be subject to a Criminal Background Check.
* The Search Committee will not contact references without first verifying permission with the finalist.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education are listed on your application.
* Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
* These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and professional experience.