Sweet Briar is a liberal arts college for women with a long history of forging female leaders. After a near closure in 2015, the College was saved by its alumnae and underwent dramatic transformation. Today Sweet Briar College is repeatedly named by the US News and World Report as one of the most innovative liberal arts colleges in the nation. Sweet Briar College is financially stable and actively growing again, attracting students who are drawn to it for its excellent liberal arts program, coupled with distinctive programs in women leadership, engineering, sustainability, arts and its legendary equestrian program.
Located in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains approximately 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 54 miles south of Charlottesville. Its campus is one of the nation’s most spectacular, replete with nature sanctuaries, lakes, forests, trails, and most recently, vineyards, apiary and greenhouses.
The College boasts a modern core curriculum focused on women's leadership in the 21st century and undergraduate programs in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as a Master of Arts in Teaching. It is one of only two women’s colleges in the United States with an ABET-accredited engineering degree. The women’s leadership core curriculum is innovative and energizing. When students graduate, they are persuasive communicators who know how to think on their feet and bring people together. No matter what they study or where they go, Sweet Briar women are prepared to lead. The campus community is a family of faculty, staff, coaches, and alumnae who support and encourage students and each other. With an average class size of eight students per faculty, students lead research, ask questions and forge supportive relationships with faculty that can last for decades.
Position Title: Digital Content Manager
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
The Digital Content Manager assists the Director of Digital Marketing with content strategy and content generation for the College’s website, social media channels, and digital marketing campaigns.
- Maintain a content calendar and develop content strategies for social media platforms and the website;
- Produce and publish content for the College’s social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and ZeeMee;
- Develop engaging content for the College’s website and engage, inform, and inspire multiple audiences across varying brands and demographics;
- Assist the Director of Digital Marketing in gathering and analyzing data;
- Ensure that all digital communications adhere to the College’s brand guidelines;
- Stay up-to-date with evolving technologies and digital best practices and trends;
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English or related field;
- Excellent long- and short-form writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills, including knowledge of AP Style;
- Fluent in digital/social media best practices and scheduling software.
- Experience with SEO best practices;
- Proficiency with content management systems;
- Ability to define and manage production schedules;
- Understanding of how to baseline, benchmark, and identify relevant digital metrics;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task in a highly collaborative and busy work environment, maintaining a calm and positive nature, and the agility to incorporate feedback and pivot as needed;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative to meet strategic goals.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education or nonprofit.
- Photography and video production experience.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Analytics, and project management software.
Work Environment: Office and exterior locations
Physical Demands: None
Deadline for Submission: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: Submit your application along with a cover letter and resume.
Sweet Briar College is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to enhancing our community and encourage applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.