Last June, over 22,000 high school teachers and college faculty members served as Advanced Placement ® (AP) Readers, scoring over 4.5 million AP exams during the annual AP Reading.
If you’re not currently an AP Reader, apply to become one today. You may be eligible to join the Reading pool if you have taught your AP subject for one or more years, consider applying to join the Reader pool for one of these subjects.
Why consider becoming an AP Reader? Our 2022 AP Reader survey shows:
- The AP Reading experience leads to positive changes in the classroom ― 95% of high school teachers who have participated in more than one Reading indicate that they have made positive changes in the classroom based upon their AP Reading experience.
- AP Readers enjoy the experience ― 96% of high school teachers who participated in the AP Reading indicated that they are either satisfied or very satisfied with their experience.
Additionally, AP Readers can:
- Earn Compensation ― Readers are paid for hours spent training and scoring.
- Earn professional development hours and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) ― Readers can earn CEUs based on hours worked.
- Score student responses at a Reading site or score responses from home – Readers who score from home can work flexible hours during the Reading week.
- Gain exposure to a broad set of student responses ― You will gain valuable insight into the quality and depth of student responses from a range of AP Exam takers, instead of being limited to student work from a single class or single school.
Depending on the AP Reader needs for each subject, we may select you to serve as an AP Reader in the first year that you apply, or you may be considered for future AP Readings.*
Apply to become an AP Reader
Computer Science A
English Language and Composition
English Literature and Composition
United States Government and Politics
United States History
World History: Modern
* If you are currently an AP Reader or have recently submitted an application to become a Reader, there is no need to reapply. Submitting an application does not automatically constitute your employment as a Reader. Limited work visa sponsorships are available for this position.