OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The President works closely with the Board of Trustees to set the direction and goals of the College, communicates those in appropriate ways to the faculty, staff, and students of the College, and is responsible for their accomplishment. The President oversees all divisions of the College and is responsible for maintaining their effectiveness and integrity, while managing and developing an executive team of division leaders. The President represents the College and effectively communicates its mission and academic vision to a range of external audiences, including alumni, prospective students and their parents, donors and prospective donors, regulators, and the public at large, and is a key participant in fundraising efforts. The President will lead efforts to expand the reach of both the College’s NYC and online academic offerings and maintain and develop current and future strategic partnerships. The President is expected to encourage and model a culture of Christian devotion and service, integrity, collegiality, and entrepreneurial enterprise at the College.
- Strategic and Fundraising Leadership
- Work with the Board of Trustees to establish a financially-sound vision and strategic direction forfulfilling the mission of the College;
- Lead the implementation of that vision and strategic direction in all divisions of the College;
- Effectively communicate that vision and strategic direction to internal (faculty, staff, students and their parents) and external (prospective students and their parents, alumni, donors, partners, public at large) audiences;
- Work with the Board, the Chief Development Officer, and others on the Advancement team to engage current donors and expand the donor base of the College;
- Maintain and develop current and future strategic partnerships.
- Encourage and model a culture of Christian devotion and service, integrity, collegiality, and entrepreneurial enterprise at the College;
- Lead, develop, and regularly meet with (individually and collectively) a strong executive leadership team;
- Convene and lead larger groups of campus leaders (faculty, staff, students) to ensure alignment across all divisions of the College;
- Work closely with the Provost to provide regular updates to the faculty;
- Direct the College’s efforts to maintain and ensure institutional compliance with regulators, including the US Department of Education, NYSED, and the Middles States Commission on Higher Education.
Academic and Intellectual Leadership
- Articulate effectively the Politics, Philosophy, and Economics-based academic vision of the College to internal and external audiences;
- Work to expand the reach of the NYC and online academic programs of the College;
- Engage the ideas that animate the College in one’s own writing and speaking;
- Secure a permanent Provost committed to the vision of King’s;
- Work with the Provost and the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board, as outlined in the Faculty Handbook, in hiring and managing the faculty of the College.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. with experience in Christian higher education (preferred)
- Lively Christian faith and able to affirm the TKC Statement of Faith; connections to the evangelical Christian community of NYC a plus
- Strong commitment to and ability to articulate the Christian mission, academic vision, community, and New York City location within secular and Christian environments
- Strong management and organization skills/background
- Ability to set direction, lead others in achieving goals, and model servant leadership
- Ability to work cooperatively with the Executive Team, Board of Trustees, and other College groups and leaders
- Effective fundraiser
- Vision for expanding the reach of the King’s mission
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
General office environment: normal mental concentration
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of The King’s College to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees who share its faith and mission. The King’s College does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, and/or marital status