27-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Fort Valley State University and the College of Arts and Sciences invite applications for a full- time tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor in the accredited Bachelor of Social Work Program. Teaching in the undergraduate social work program will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to teach foundational content and to work collaboratively with colleagues and students in a creative inclusive learning environment.
The successful candidate will teach primarily in the undergraduate program and act as the program coordinator. Responsibilities of the supervisory faculty member will include teaching three courses each semester including fully online and face-to-face courses with a generalist practice; academic advising of undergraduate students, managing grants, serving on departmental, school, and college committees, and spearheading the CSWE reaffirmation and research processes. The candidate will also be responsible for course development, dynamic scheduling, implementation of the program structure, and marketing the program and associated opportunities. The successful applicant will be required to pursue/manage external sources of funding for research, expansion of the program faculty/staff, and perform any other duties assigned by the Department Chair or designee. In addition, the candidate will maintain professional competence and knowledge of subject matter pertinent to their specialization area. Salary/rank is contingent upon qualifications. The ability to teach online is required.
- Doctorate in Social Work (DSW) or Ph.D. Social Work (those in candidacy are acceptable)
- Two years of college teaching experience
- Two years of post-doctoral experience in academia
- MSW from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Two years of post-MSW practice experienceKnowledge of and experience with the Council on Social Work Education's (CSWE) Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards
- Ability to lead undergraduate program faculty and staff
- Ability to mentor undergraduate students as they pursue academic researchAn eagerness to engage with colleagues, staff, and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience of students
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated capacity and interest in collaborative teaching
- Experience working with students from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Current knowledge of academic assessment practices
- All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
Candidates should also submit the following with their application:
A letter of Interest, which should highlight: (a) your practice experience, (b) your experience in teaching and evaluation/research, (c) your professional experience/understanding of CSWE accreditation and (d) how your knowledge and expertise would be an asset to our BSW program curriculum
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A copy of your independent clinical social work licensure
- three (3) professional letters of reference
- unofficial transcripts
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com