Tenure-Track Assistant Professors of Literacy: Early and Elementary EmphasisLocation:
Clemson UniversityOpen Date:
Sep 27, 2022Close Date:
Oct 30, 2022Description:
The College of Education at Clemson University seeks two 9-month, tenure-track assistant professors of literacy and language education with an emphasis in early literacy or elementary literacy. Both positions are for 9-month, tenure-track positions with an anticipated start date of August 2023.
Consistent with the university’s land grant mission, the College of Education at Clemson is dedicated to promoting the growth, education, and development of all individuals, and to engaging in high quality, applied research, and professional learning. The College of Education is especially focused on serving underperforming schools as well as members of underrepresented, diverse, and marginalized populations. The successful candidate will join a collaborative and engaged faculty committed to fulfilling this mission through research, teaching, and service in higher educational and P-12 settings. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in PK-12 literacy with an emphasis on early and/or elementary literacy
- Teaching in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats
- Recruiting, advising and mentoring graduate (MEd and PhD) students
- Developing a strong area of research and scholarship that informs theory and effective practice in teaching early and/or elementary students.
- Seeking external funding in support of early and/or elementary teacher preparation.
- Collaborating on learning, discovery, and engagement activities within the College of Education, across the university, within PK-12 schools, and across the field.
- Providing service to the department, school, university, state, and professional community.
- Earned doctorate in Literacy with early and/or elementary emphasis or related field (Education, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or other relevant disciplines)
- Demonstrated scholarship and publication in early and/or elementary education.
- U.S. teaching experience with early or elementary aged students or related experience
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in early and/or elementary education foundations and methods in various modalities
- Experience teaching at least three years in early and/or elementary students in U.S. schools
- Experience in advising graduate students
- Experience in seeking or obtaining external funding
- Record of research and/or teaching that contributes to diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to early childhood/elementary literacy education
Please submit the following material via Interfolio (http://apply.interfolio.com/114449)
(1) letter of application that outlines relevant qualifications for the position, research and teaching interests and which position the candidate is applying for, early, elementary, or both, (2) a current curriculum vitae, (3) one writing sample, i.e. published articles or book chapters, (4) a statement of teaching philosophy, (5) a diversity statement, and (6) a list of three individual references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately. Priority will be given to those received by October 30, 2022, with an anticipated start date of August 2023.
For questions about the position:
Contact: Dr. Emily Howell, Search Chair
Phone: 864-293-5092Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.