Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
The College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Electronic Art/New Media in the School of Art. The School of Art seeks applications from candidates with a wide range of expertise and experiences in areas such as but not limited to contemporary Electronic Art / New Media and its expanded fields, traditional applications, as well as integrating these media with interdisciplinary art-making approaches. The position is to commence employment on August 15, 2023. Located within the multi-national and culturally diverse University of Cincinnati, the School of Art hosts top-tier Interdisciplinary BFA and MFA programs as well as a BA in Art History and MA in Art Education. The School of Art is currently ranked among top programs nationwide and offers diverse academic and cultural opportunities. For more information about the School of Art, please visit: https://daap.uc.edu/academics/soa
- Primary responsibilities: teaching, maintaining an active research agenda/creative practice, and service to various School, College, and/or University committees, such as thesis committees. The typical Fine Arts teaching load is 5 (3-credit) courses per academic year.
- Teaching will include undergraduate and graduate studio courses in the area(s) of the applicant's expertise within the field of Electronic Art / New Media. The appointee will teach introductory, advanced level, and graduate level studio courses as well as seminars in visual arts concepts, visual culture, and/or critical theory. Many of these courses are topical and address contemporary issues and/or concerns of the faculty. Recent topics have included: Photography and the Politics of Representation, the Aesthetic Experience, Tidalectics, and Ethics and Precarity. The candidate will also help guide the curriculum of Electronic Art / New Media.
- Actively produce and exhibit artwork, or disseminate it in an appropriate manner such as publication, performance or art intervention.
- The successful candidate will be expected to promote approaches that support interdisciplinary art practices in their pedagogy.
Prior to effective date of the appointment:
Candidates must hold an MFA in Studio Art or a related discipline.Candidates must be engaged in the exhibition and/or dissemination of their research/creative work as evidenced by a portfolio.Candidates must have at least two academic years of teaching experience post-qualifying degree in an institution of higher education. Application Process
The position is available August 15, 2023. Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2023 and the search will remain open until an appointment is made. To be considered for this position please upload:
Cover letter (please describe your teaching philosophy and address diversity/equity/inclusion in your teaching and practice).CV.Portfolio of samples of 20 research or creative works as PDF or dedicated URL.Names and contact information of three professional references. Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN