Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant III - Teacher Certification Program (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
Provides very complex clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.
Job Description:Description of Duties and Tasks
- Performs very complex office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication; receiving, prioritizing, and responding to incoming correspondence, requests, reports and telephone, or email contacts.
- Expedites the processing of documents or other items requiring action, assesses and works with other staff and community members to resolve issues from students, employees, and the public regarding college activities.
- Organizes and maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments including meetings and events and the detailed arrangements associated with such including preparing or providing agendas, minutes, equipment, location, information packets, and follow up action items.
- Performs complex computer activities including word processing, data processing, scheduling processes and visual and graphic presentations.
- Coordinates and maintains operating budgets. Receives and processes requests for budget expenditures such as travel, equipment purchases, and funds for other activities and events.
- Establishes and maintains files, logs, and other tracking systems for a variety of information, projects and events; may update website or use social media.
- Coordinates special projects including researching and analyzing information and data; interpreting and applying policies and procedures, and/or recommending alternative solutions based on information gathered.
- College operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Records retention, preservation, and recording.
- Principles and methods of budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Office management processes and procedures.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of intense attention to detail and follow-through.
- Compiling and organizing complex material, summarizing discussions and actions taken in report form.
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and records.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopting an effective course of action.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
October 7, 2022Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.