Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
CE Workforce Program Associate (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
CE Workforce Program Associates are responsible for vocational and academic instruction in a variety of fields and topics. Play a pivotal role in creating an environment where students are treated with respect, encouragement, and integrity. CE Workforce program associates outside of being an instructor will attend trainings, development days, staff meetings, and assist students as needed.
Descriptions of Duties & Tasks
- Work with students who are taking classes to improve their knowledge or career skills
- Work with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum for a degree or certificate program involving a series of courses
- Assess students’ progress by grading assignments, papers, exams, and other work
- Advise students about which classes to take and how to achieve their goals
- Attend staff meetings
- Establishes and enforces clear rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Meets with students to discuss progress and to determine priorities and their individualized educational needs.
- Meet with students outside of class hours, as needed
- Maintains professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and written communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy, understanding, and valuing all contributions.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
October 7, 2022Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.