Accountant, Intermediate (Part-Time Temp)
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
This is a part-time temporary position.
Northern Arizona University seeks an experienced accounting professional to serve as a part-time temporary Accountant, Intermediate for Printing Services and University Marketing departments. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager this position prepares financial reports to ensure an accurate reflection of the university's financial position. Analyzes and interprets fiscal accounts and financial records to be used by department management to promote financial understanding.
Financial Data Analysis - 40%
- Create profit and loss reports, analyzes and monitors revenue, expense accounts, and account receivable activity.
- Reconcile the general ledger to the Printing Services financial system to ensure deposits and interdepartmental journal transfers are properly recorded and agree to the unapplied payments within the Accounts Receivable System.
Financial Management - 35%
- Applies incoming deposits/payments, balances deposits, payments, and receipts.
- Diagnoses problems; proposes potential solutions within the goals of the Printing Services and University Marketing units.
- Demonstrates and applies intermediate knowledge of accounting concepts, university budgeting processes, reporting practices, and application of university and ABOR policies.
University Liaison - 20%
- Provides a variety of customer service tasks to NAU departments and outside vendors and agencies which may include providing account balances, transferring funds, tracking deposits, payments, and various record changes.
- Assists NAU departments with transaction issues.
- Work closely with the Financial Service Team to process cash deposits and other financial transactions such as purchase requests and account payables.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Accounting experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting tools, procedures, processes, policies, and concepts, such as preparation of financial statements, account reconciliations, journal entries, invoicing, revenue receipts, and other financial documents.
- Knowledge of financial reporting in higher education.
- Knowledge of university budgeting processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Skill in writing detailed numerical computations and reports.
- Skill in computerized accounting systems and applications, such as accounting software.
- Effective communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipate issues.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
$22.00 per hour
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
October 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606636&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency