The Department of Oncology is seeking an Administrative Coordinator
who will support the mission of researching and treating cancer, by providing complex administrative and project support to faculty members in the Department of Oncology and Division of Quantitative Sciences. This position will provide administrative services such as calendar management, meeting scheduling and coordination, event coordination, purchasing, and operational activities. This position will have a hybrid work schedule, with the ability to work remotely up to two days per week.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to faculty members as assigned.
- Coordinates and manages faculty electronic calendars (Outlook) and uses independent judgment to schedule meetings and resolve schedule conflicts.
- Arranges and manages virtual meetings, interviews and events as requested.
- Arranges travel for faculty as required.
- Uses Concur to process reimbursements for faculty for travel and other expenses as appropriate.
- Utilizes SAP to pay invoices for products and services.
- Monitors and addresses communication from anyone who needs administrative assistance in a timely manner.
- Makes arrangements for and manages visitors when on site.
- Organizes and prepares agendas for meetings, conferences, and other events, and takes minutes as needed. Assists with special event planning and visitors as needed.
- Assists with correspondence as requested.
- Maintains office operations including ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment. Uses software systems as required to manage and track information as needed.
- Works on other projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: $17.95 - $25.30/Hr (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8am- 4:30pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Onc Faculty Admin Support - Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21287/939694400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency