We are seeking a Administrative Coordinator
who will be responsible for fulfilling clerical duties and providing secretarial and reception support for the department. Must maintain and update student information through academic progression in Cadet Command Information Management System. Assist students in completing, submitting and tracking decisions for service eligibility via medical screening through the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board. Update department course offerings. Build and maintain student files including grades, transcripts, and Department of Defense medical records. In and out processing of assigned department personnel. Advise on University regulations, policies, procedures, and budget. Serve as department Minor Advisor for all ROTC students/cadets. Act as Alternate Building Administrator. Supervise Veteran Affairs Work Study and Student Workers for the department.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting prospective students and family members.
- Directing department telecommunications.
- Addressing department specific questions.
- Enters student data and records into Department of Defense Medical Exam Testing System (DoDMETS) and Cadet Command Information Management System (CCIMS)
- Ensures accuracy of data entered into automated systems, and produces required statistical data or other regularly scheduled reports.
- Manages UCA ROTC Room and Board scholarship allocations, department budget, Veteran Affairs work study and student worker duties.
- Performs duties as Minor Advisor for Department, including advising students on course requirements, deconflicting student schedules, student registration, reviewing student academic plans for University and Cadet Command, and monitoring student grades.
- Serves as Liaison between U.S. Army Cadet Command Personnel, Department Chair, and Instructors, providing continuity for department with frequent personnel change over.
- Assists in budget preparation and monitors budget throughout the budget cycle.
- Recommends budget spend plan and maintains building inventory, including ordering, replacement, and retirement..
- Communicates with vendors and agencies for budgeting and purchasing decisions.
- Manages/ Maintains Departmental Budget and Foundation Account including but not limited to requesting purchase orders, P-card holder, and Department Financial Advisor.
- Manages Department Chair Calendar, including scheduling meetings with prospective students, department meetings, and student interviews.
- Performs duties as Alternate Building Administrator, submitting building maintenance work orders, and is responsible for Department/Building Inventory.
- Serves as Department Manager of Banner, Argos, and Navigate. Includes building courses, enrolling students, pulling class rosters, and identifying eligible student populations.
- Supervises and assigns tasks to Veteran Affairs work-study and student workers.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of UCA policies & procedures.
- Proficient in Banner, ARGOS, Docusign and Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Effective written & oral communications.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must comply with FERPA, HIPAA, Department of Defense Cyber Security, Operational Security and Personal Identifiable Information requirements. These requirements guide the execution of both University and Department of Defense duties, information management systems, record keeping, and scheduling of student appointments for service eligibility screening.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk.
- Must be capable of fine finger movements.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related field.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.95-$25.30 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hrbrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Dean Office of
Personnel area: School of Arts & Sciences
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21218/939563000/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency