Principal Enterprise Application Developer
Principal Enterprise Application Developer - 27548 University Staff Description
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
University Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado's (CU) four campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service, technical expertise, and the development of enterprise applications responsible for supporting CU's students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The University Information Systems (UIS) department support enterprise applications for the University of Colorado. The integrated PeopleSoft landscape includes Campus Solutions, HCM, FSCM, and CRM. Position Summary:
The Principal Enterprise Applications Developer serves as the subject matter expert regarding the PeopleSoft Finance modules and is responsible for reviewing and evaluating maintenance and enhancement requests, analyzing complex processes in order to define system enhancements and modifications, and providing technical application support and expertise to system end users. Additionally, the Principal Enterprise Applications Developer will analyze complex problems and provide sound solutions based on research and current best practices. Finally, this position will also work with the application managers in UIS to manage enhancements, initiatives and projects when required.
This position reports to the Asst Director of Financial Systems Development and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified System. Where You Will Work:
This position is located in this position has the ability to work remotely within the United States. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado System Administration Office is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
What We Offer: Salary:
- Provide effective functionality for end users by creating or modifying applications using PeopleCode, PeopleTools, and other development tools and testing tools.
- Write new or modify existing batch programs using a variety of computer languages and file access methods including Application Engine, PeopleCode and SQR/SQL.
- Confirm accuracy of software by testing new and modified programs and by coordinating end user system testing.
- Address end users' computing needs by analyzing complex processes to design new applications or enhancements to existing applications, and by writing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Create and modify technical documentation by writing and updating program, operations, and other system documentation.
- Consult with UIS management and team leads to implement critical maintenance and enhancement projects by providing essential information regarding PeopleSoft technology, functionality and capabilities.
- Assist campus key users, System Financials and Grants staff, and business process owners by answering technical application questions and resolving reported software and data errors.
- Instruct key users on the proper use and function of application programs by participating in meetings in which PeopleSoft functional and technical expertise is needed.
- Provide technical support for production services when needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Expand professional and technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups.
- Assist with development in other PeopleSoft areas in Campus Solutions, HCM and Enterprise Portal.
- Provide recommendations for PeopleSoft development decisions as they relate to business processes.
- Perform code and design reviews for other development team members.
- Provide project estimates for changes in business processes and/or additional new functionality.
- Provide mentorship of other PeopleSoft developers to transfer knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $86,900 - $96,900.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement). Four (4) years' experience including experience with one or more of the following: Preferred Qualifications:
- PeopleSoft developer roles
- PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM applications
- PeopleSoft version 9.2 implementation or upgrade project deployed
- PeopleCode and Application Engine
- PeopleSoft Application Package
- Application Designer development
- Application Designer on PeopleTools 8.55 or higher
- PeopleSoft Data Mover scripts
- PeopleTools 8.50+ and/or PeopleTools 8.55+
Six (6) years experience as detailed above. Experience working with: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PeopleSoft Financials 9.2
- Full lifecycle upgrades/implementations of PeopleSoft 9.2 in a higher education or public sector (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, Municipality) environment
- PeopleTools 8.55 or above
- Fluid User Interface / Branding
- Pivot Grids
- Fluid Development
- nVision, ExcelToCl, Integration Broker, REST web services, PeopleSoft Work Centers and Navigation Collections, Approval Framework Workflow, BI Publisher, PeopleSoft Query, PeopleSoft EPM and Oracle OBIEE, PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF)
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Strong analysis skills and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills and tools
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in PeopleSoft enterprise development
- Understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle methodology
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
- Ability to build and use effective working relationships within department and across other units
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement How to Apply:
For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application:
- A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess
- A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting.
Please ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. When to Apply:
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by October 14, 2022. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. ADA Statement:
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected]
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Job Category
: Information Technology Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University InformationServices Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 23, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: System HR Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=27548&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency