3452 Spur 399, McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Provide administrative support to the various Collin College Deans of Student and Enrollment Services and respective departments. Ensure compliance and implementation of state and institutional policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist students, staff, faculty and the general public with correct information and direction regarding college and student enrollment services in person and over the telephone in a friendly and professional manner. Represent the Dean of Student and Enrollment Services in communications with stakeholders.
- Provide diverse administrative support to departments as requested. Schedule meetings and make appointments. Provide a variety of documents and reports. Assist with special projects and presentations.
- Assist the Dean with inputting and monitoring the annual budget. Maintain inventory records for the division. Review financial data.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for the Division, as needed, through CougarMart Purchasing System and College Bookstore.
- Process division purchase requisitions.
- Receive invoices and assist vendors with billing questions.
- May travel between campuses to attend meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Maintain division's organizational chart.
- Follow-up on leave and travel forms, check requests, and other forms to ensure receipt of items and/or completion of requests as appropriate.
- May assist with reviewing time sheets for accuracy and signatures, and forward forms to Payroll Office by due date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of college policies, and procedures and Core Values
- Knowledge of multiple software systems including CougarMart
- Knowledge of budget principles and financial reporting
- Knowledge of college policies regarding completion of forms
- Strong organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow-up with vendors and other departments
- Ability to use multiple software systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
- Ability to use office equipment including phone, printer, and fax scanner
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Associate degree from an accredited institution required. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Three (3) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 60 semester hours or at least 2 additional years of directly-related experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.