Administration and Finance is seeking a HR Assistant
who is responsible for human resources activities for [email protected]
Johns Hopkins, a department with a mix of over 1,000 full-time/part-time JHU and JHHS staff, as well as temporary, casual, and student employees. The position's primary responsibility is to provide accurate, timely, and routine customer focused human resources support to the department while ensuring compliance with procedures, policies, and laws. General duties include human resources management and payroll management.
*This is a casual, as-needed position. The hours vary each week and the maximum amount of hours worked in a year are 987 hours. There are no benefits for this position* Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resources Management (40%)
- Create and maintain employee personnel files in SharePoint.
- Answer routine and basic questions from employees and departments.
- Working knowledge of the e210 system in order to assist employees and departments with basic questions related to time and attendance.
- Runs master data reports in SAP BW Analysis for clean-up and maintenance.
- Creates and maintains JHED accounts for non-employees such as contractors and consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Payroll Management (60%)
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- In SAP, initiates hires, salary changes, supplements (on-call, overtime, subsidy, relocation expenses, bonus, etc.), short-term disability, leaves of absence, terminations, etc.
- Assists with processing Payroll bi-weekly in Kronos.
- Submits JHU student and casual employee hours in CAT2.
- Assists Financial team with e-form processing and salary updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications
Work location Minimum Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and SAP.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Two years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: HR Assistant
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.70-$21.65 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Mon-Fri, hours vary
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Mount Washington Campus
Department name: [email protected] Administration and Finance
Personnel area: University Administration
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-HR-Assistant-MD-21209/939026900/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency