Title: Specialist, Dental Receptionist (41-week position)
Job no: 493560
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $33,105 - $41,381
Job Summary: Provides dental office responsibilities for faculty, students, and community members.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- OSHA and CPR training required upon hire (will be paid for by the college)
- Valid Drivers license
- Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $33,105 - $41,381
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in a dental office
Job Specific Task List:
- Processes confidential documents and works within our dental software program managing patient records. - (Essential)
- Serves as dental office receptionist; completes necessary phone calls, returns messages, greets patients upon arrival, schedules patients for dental services; completes dental preauthorization forms, knowledgeable about insurance claims, provide invoices to patients; files paperwork and patient charts; sends paperwork to prospective patients and other tasks. - (Essential)
- Maintains departmental data through use of electronic dental software program; updates clinical software needs; scans patient documentation into electronic dental software program. - (Essential)
- Corresponds with students regarding patients, appointments, cancelations, paperwork needs, maintain student records regarding patient care. - (Essential)
- Compiles reports, accounts receivable for dental clinic and cash-net reports for dental hygiene and EFDA clinics. - (Essential)
- Works directly with dental hygiene program director daily to ensure business flow of dental clinic. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full-Time 41-week (Staff)
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 05, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time