Assistant Professor of Pharmacy (3 Positions)Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 14, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 16, 2023. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (January 16, 2023) may not be given full consideration.Union:
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at the University of Rhode Island (URI) invites applications for full-time tenure-track academic year positions at the level of Assistant Professor of Pharmacy. We are searching for three faculty positions with expertise in the following pharmacy specialty disciplines; 1) immunology/autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases, genomics, aging and health, or medical nutrition therapy/dietary supplements, 2) cardiology, and 3) neurology, psychiatric, addiction, or mental health.
The University of Rhode Island is the state’s flagship land and sea-grant research institution, with a commitment to urban initiatives. A student-centered research institution, URI actively partners with other organizations globally and locally to advance knowledge and to develop informed residents and leaders. URI is committed to community engagement, excellence in education, and solving the world’s most important challenges. Situated on the traditional land and territories of the Narragansett Nation and the Niantic People along the Atlantic Ocean, URI strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment for researchers, teachers, learners, and community members.
The College of Pharmacy is on the main campus in South County Rhode Island. South County is Rhode Island’s southernmost region, covering 100 miles of coastline, and sandy beaches along the Atlantic Ocean. The College of Pharmacy is a welcoming and inclusive community of scholars with a vision to “Advance Health and Transform Communities”. The College community seeks to pursue lives of service and intellectual exploration to solve scientific challenges and deliver progressive interdisciplinary healthcare with compassion and intention. The Department of Pharmacy Practice prepares outstanding and compassionate pharmacists and health outcomes specialists that excel as clinicians, scholars, and leaders. We aim to strengthen and diversify the practice of pharmacy. We invite applicants that are interested in expanding our community of scholars that work together and inspire one another in teaching, research, practice, and service. The College of Pharmacy has extensive partnerships with health systems and research centers across the state of Rhode Island, Eastern and Central Massachusetts, and Eastern Connecticut.
We are looking for an applied clinical scholar and educator with research skills that may include clinical trials, implementation science, laboratory sciences, outcomes, or pharmacoeconomics.The candidate will be expected to establish a program of research in an area that complements the College’s mission and is supported by extramural funding. The successful candidate will also contribute to the University’s teaching mission and participate in service activities.The University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy values diversity and respect for all individuals. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce to enhance our student environment and the health of all people in Rhode Island, the United States, and the world. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who demonstrate through their efforts in teaching, research, and engagement that they are creating environments to promote equity in education and divest health inequities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Establish and maintain a robust clinical research program of research germane to pharmacy and health that is supported by extramural funding.
Maintain a high level of scholarly activity as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and presentations at national and international meetings.
Contribute to the Doctor of Pharmacy and graduate teaching missions of the University by mentoring and teaching graduate, professional degree and undergraduate courses for the college.
Serve on college and University committees.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
1. Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and/or other health-related Doctorate at the time of application.
2. Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity commensurate with experience.
3. Evidence of eligibility for appointment as Assistant Professor (as showcased in candidate CV for research and teaching effectiveness).
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence in writing skills.
6. Clinical expertise in any of the numerous pharmacy specialty disciplines within an expansive discipline, particularly in the fields of 1) immunology/autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases, genomics, aging and health, or medical nutrition therapy/dietary supplements, 2) cardiology, and 3) neurology, psychiatric, addiction, or mental health.
7. Eligible for pharmacist licensure in Rhode Island, if applicable.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
2. Postdoctoral fellowship training in an area related to the program of research appropriate to pharmacy and health.
3. Demonstrated experience in the classroom and/or clinical teaching.
4. Evidence of successful research collaborations.
5. Demonstrated ability to write competitive applications for extramural funding.________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY
ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your Faculty Employment Application:Position Number:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) Other Document – Provide a Diversity Statement describing at least one of the following: lived experiences, current interests or activities, or future plans to incorporate and promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in an academic environment focused on clinical practice and health research (as one complete document).
PLEASE NOTE: Letters of reference upon request.
(108443), (106079), (108088)Posting Number:
09/13/2022Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: