Assistant Director, Marketing
- Stanford University
- Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
- Significant web authoring to external and internal sites, drafting and wireframing content.
- Primary responsibility for the admitted student website and other admit communications as necessary.
- Developing and executing digital newsletters and various email campaigns.
- Coordinating with other team members and vendors on paid social media campaigns as well as facilitating organic social media opportunities like Instagram student take-overs.
- Heavy focus on content creation (e.g., videos, podcasts, articles, interviews, student testimonials); including producing, recording, and publishing virtual events.
- Liaising with students and alumni, collaborating with other departments, and potentially managing vendors.
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong web design and technical skills.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Ability to create engaging content across numerous channels (web, videos, newsletters, email campaigns, social media, etc.)
- Understanding of how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and skills.
- Strong knowledge of:
- HTML & CSS
- Web accessibility standards
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge of:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including for video
- Google Analytics
- Survey software
- Video editing
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative working style.
- Results driven.
- Growth mindset.
- Strategic orientation.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 96282
Change the world. And yourself.
Stanford University has changed the world, over and over again.
We are one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and also one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.
At Stanford you'll work with bright, diverse, dedicated people. You'll find encouragement to learn and grow. You'll enjoy excellent benefits and an outstanding environment.
Stanford Facts at a Glance
- Undergraduates: 6,980
- Graduates: 8,897
- 8,180 contiguous acres in six governmental jurisdictions
- Nearly 700 major buildings
- 97% of undergraduates live on campus
- 5,300 externally sponsored projects
- $1.33 billion total budget
- 2,043 faculty members
- 21 Nobel laureates are currently members of the Stanford community
- 5:1 student to faculty ratio
Stanford University is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and persons with disabilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert