Assistant Director, Marketing🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
📁Communications📅May 08, 2023 Post Date📅96282 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission. The Stanford MBA Admissions office strives each year to attract, recruit, select, and enroll the most promising MBA students from around the world and from every background. The MBA Admissions office seeks an Assistant Director of Marketing who will create engaging content and manage channels that will attract and inspire future MBA students. This position will support the school’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating materials that allow potential students to see themselves at Stanford as we seek to create a diverse MBA class in the broadest possible terms, including, but not limited to, professional background, personal experience, goals, culture, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and nationality. In this role, you will help to enable our mission by disseminating information; engaging prospects, applicants, and admitted students; and building community through a variety of channels (e.g., web, newsletter, email, video, social media, etc.). Under the guidance of the MBA Admissions Director of Marketing, you will participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives to meet business objectives, and collaborate with multiple teams and departments. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will also have an eye on market research, trends and internal analytics to refine our marketing and communications initiatives. Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Significant web authoring to external and internal sites, drafting and wireframing content.
- Primary responsibility for the admitted student website and other admit communications as necessary.
- Developing and executing digital newsletters and various email campaigns.
- Coordinating with other team members and vendors on paid social media campaigns as well as facilitating organic social media opportunities like Instagram student take-overs.
- Heavy focus on content creation (e.g., videos, podcasts, articles, interviews, student testimonials); including producing, recording, and publishing virtual events.
- Liaising with students and alumni, collaborating with other departments, and potentially managing vendors.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong web design and technical skills.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Ability to create engaging content across numerous channels (web, videos, newsletters, email campaigns, social media, etc.)
- Understanding of how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and skills.
- Strong knowledge of:
- HTML & CSS
- Web accessibility standards
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge of:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including for video
- Google Analytics
- Survey software
- Video editing
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative working style.
- Results driven.
- Growth mindset.
- Strategic orientation.
The expected pay range for this position is $92,000 to $123,000 per year. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position, The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location, and external market pay for comparable jobs.Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you. How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. * The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 96282