Work type: University Medical Line
Location: Stanford University
Categories: School of Medicine
The Department of Surgery, School of Medicine at Stanford University is seeking candidates for a position as Associate or full Professor in the University Medical Line (UML) to serve as Chief of Acute Care Surgery in the Division of General Surgery. The Acute Care Surgery program has a strong commitment to clinical excellence, innovative research, and surgical education. The next leader of the Acute Care Surgery program will provide leadership on a dedicated service line that includes a Level 1 Trauma Center, Surgical Intensive Critical Care program, and Emergency General Surgery services at two sites in the Stanford Health Care system. Faculty rank will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Candidate should have
- excellent management and interpersonal skills that will allow them to lead, grow and develop highly skilled faculty, fellows, and support staff, along with a continued interest in the practice and advancement of acute care surgery encompassing trauma, emergency general surgery and surgical critical care.
- an MD or MD/ PhD, be board eligible in General Surgery, and have an established clinical and research focus in Surgical Critical Care.
- strong academic background and be eligible to be appointed at the academic rank of Associate or Full Professor of Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
The major criteria for appointment for faculty in the University Medical Line shall be excellence in the overall mix of clinical care, clinical teaching, scholarly activity that advances clinical medicine, and institutional service appropriate to the programmatic need the individual is expected to fulfill.
- an established record of achievement in trauma, surgical critical care, or emergency general surgery as well as a strong commitment to mentorship of faculty, research development, and diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Candidates should be prepared to lead the program in a growing health system while ensuring the delivery of outstanding clinical care in partnership with advanced practice providers, providing excellent mentorship of all trainees, and fostering research within the section.
The next Chief will be responsible for
- direction and administration of the professional, operational, education and research programs of Acute Care Surgery.
- physician recruitment and professional development; achievement of divisional quality, financial, and patient satisfaction goals.
- implementation of recently developed strategic initiatives with effective management of resources, and optimization of operations.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from others who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical missions.
The Surgery Department, School of Medicine, and Stanford University value faculty who are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates may optionally include as part of their research or teaching statement a brief discussion of how their work will further these ideals.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a brief letter outlining their interests, and the names of three references (who will NOT be contacted without prior approval) to: https://facultypositions.stanford.edu/en-us/job/493491/associate-or-full-professor-chief-of-acute-care-surgery-department-of-surgery
For general inquiries, please email Caitlin O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 Pacific Daylight Time