3452 Spur 399, McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This position develops, implements, and provides quality control oversight of business processes that ensure that all phases of work performed by Facilities Operations are recorded in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). Provides business process support and highly specialized expertise in managing data related to facilities maintenance and operations functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the “resident expert” for executing CMMS work processes.
- Responsible for the training of facilities staff in the use of all CMMS modules, operational workflow, SOPs, and data standards, including the development of all training material.
- Audit data in the CMMS to verify that business processes are producing data of sufficient quality for management purposes and collaborates with others to ensure data integrity and reporting validity.
- Under the supervision of the director of facilities, the manager will oversee the CMMS budget and track project costs.
- Provide specialized expertise in the maintenance of CMMS data for all modules that have been implemented; including but not limited to, buildings, areas, assets, equipment, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assess data integrity, adherence to established data standards, and completeness of information recorded in the CMMS program.
- Coordinate the planning, design and establishment of data entry standards used in the CMMS. Responsible for the implementation and enforcement of these data standards to ensure data normalization.
- Maintain current knowledge of district policies and procedures, building regulations, room capacities, and other information necessary for the appropriate rental and use of district facilities.
- Assist with the development, management and enforcement of data standards and procedures used for entering facility-wide information, including but not limited to work classification, priority, and status codes.
- Advise management on actions recommended to improve data quality for business decision making.
- Manage user data, including user groups, rights, preferences, and security levels.
- Coordinate with supervisors in the management of facility asset records and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Build custom reports from CMMS database to serve as a management tool in making sound business decisions.
- Develop graphical Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), metrics, and screen layouts as required. Support supervisors and managers in reporting capabilities and utilizing metrics in day-to-day operations.
- Collaborate with supervisors of maintenance and director of facilities to review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improvement.
- Audit data in the CMMS to verify that business processes are producing data of sufficient quality for management purposes.
- Perform periodic analysis of preventative maintenance program and present analysis to department managers/supervisors. Propose projects that reduce recurring costs.
- Remain current with changes in CMMS software through independent research, participation in CMMS user groups, self-paced training, and attendance at CMMS training events and conferences. Assist with research of new technologies and present recommendations and justifications on major hardware and software purchases.
- Oversee paperless workflow, mobile device utilization and configure the software to automate workflows to the greatest extent possible for tasks such as work receipt, work tracking, preventive maintenance scheduling, receiving, issuing materials, and recording labor and materials expended for work orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CMMS and other applicable software
- Knowledge of software packages; Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Customer service skills
- Office management skills
- Stress management skills
- Planning and implementation skills
- Judgement and decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to supervise projects from creation to completion
- Ability to organize time, projects, staff and met timelines
- Ability to work with all levels of college personnel
- Ability to compile and prepare reports
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Not applicable
Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Five (5) years of experience scheduling and determining resource requirements in trade occupation.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.