Part Time Instructor in Information Technology (IT)
Columbus State University
Founded in 1958, Columbus State University, with an enrollment of nearly 8,000, is part of the University System of Georgia. CSU offers more than 70 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels and is ranked among the top public regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report. Columbus, located 100 miles southwest of Atlanta and the second-largest city in Georgia, is recognized as a vibrant and contemporary cultural community - https://visitcolumbusga.com
Columbus State University has a nationally recognized track record of partnership and outreach through efforts such as the Cunningham Center for Leadership Development, Coca-Cola Space Science Center, Oxbow Meadows Environmental Learning Center, and its own residence the Spencer House in Oxford, England. The University has two primary campus locations in Columbus, Georgia: the original campus on 150 acres in midtown Columbus and a beautiful campus in historic downtown Columbus overlooking the Chattahoochee River. The Columbus region, with more than 350,000 residents, is home to world-class enterprises such as Aflac, Synovus, W.C. Bradley Company, TSYS and Ft. Moore, the U.S. Army's Maneuver Center of Excellence headquarters. For additional information about the University visit our website at www.ColumbusState.edu<http://www.ColumbusState.edu>
We are currently seeking professionals excited about making a positive difference to join our adjunct pool as paid part-time instructors teaching as needed in the IT field. Adjunct instructors work with students to provide them with the knowledge and training they need to be successful in their chosen career.
Adjunct faculty members may teach one or more courses each semester based on availability and student need. These courses may meet during the day, evening, or online, based on the adjunct faculty's availability, expertise, and program/student need.
We encourage potential adjunct faculty to submit application materials at any time, though availability of positions and/or specific teaching assignments is contingent on program need. Any teaching agreements will be made on an as needed, term-by-term basis. Responsibilities
- Teach specific classes in the IT field in a professional and engaging way that creates an environment where students feel comfortable participating and learning.
- Review course syllabi and instructional materials to maintain currency and improve the courses offered to students as they seek their chosen degree.
- Assess student progress regularly and assign grades in a timely manner; measure student potential and achievement in concrete, understandable ways to ultimately help the student progress toward a degree.
- Maintain appropriate records in an organized, efficient manner for every class taught, and have this information accessible by students.
- Complete assessments based on university and accreditation requirements.
- Submit end of semester course grades to the University by the published deadlines.
- Communicate regularly and frequently and respond promptly to questions and concerns from students and department chair.
- An earned graduate degree from an accredited university in IT or another field closely connected to IT to teach at the undergraduate level. A sufficient combination of experience, certifications, and education may also be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- A terminal degree from an accredited university in IT or another field closely connected to IT to teach at the graduate level.
- Professional experience in teaching area within the last 5 years.
- Flexible schedule, demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology
- Previous professional experience at an educational institution.
- Previous experience teaching in different modalities (in person, hybrid, online)
The salary is commensurate with education and experience. Required Documents to Attach
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to email@example.com
.Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=249515&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency