Associate Vice President for Enrollment ManagementAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Enrollment ManagementProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management (AVPEM) serves as a senior member of the Enrollment Management Division and provides leadership and oversees key performance metrics for the Offices of Undergraduate Admissions, New Student and Family Programs, Orientation, and Transition Services, Enrollment Support Center, Rising Lion Program and Summer Bridge Initiatives, Dual Credit and Post-Secondary Partnerships. The AVPEM works in support of the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan for the university and actively contributes to recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategies designed to attract a well-qualified and diverse student population to the university.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute and continually analyze, refine and manage processes, policies, technologies, and resources dedicated to delivering admission, recruitment activities, strategies, and enrollment student services to ensure the Division is effectively organized to attract students beginning with pre-college initiatives, high-level visit experience, progressing through the enrollment funnel, and onwards to graduation in support of student success.
- Serve in a leadership capacity in support of the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) efforts of the university and works with the Division to implement initiatives outlined in the strategic enrollment plan.
- Utilize predictive modeling/data analytics and institute performance indicators that establish metrics to track departmental efficiency, monitor achievement of enrollment goals, and forecast probabilities and trends.
- Leverage the CRM to effectively deliver communications, track engagement, and analyze digital behavior to inform data-driven decisions for the outreach and recruitment of new traditional and non-traditional undergraduate students.
- Facilitate the enrollment processes across the university and maintain familiarity with Texas A&M University System, state and federal regulations, and university procedures while ensuring integrity and effective utilization of data for student information and determining access rights to such information, understanding University, and external (e.g., FERPA) policies.
- Maintain familiarity with regulations of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) while developing and administering policies and procedures which engender an equitable approach to strategies created to recruit, enroll, onboard and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Provide resolution to concerns expressed by parents, students, staff, faculty, donors, members of the community, the TAMU system, elected officials, federal, state, or local officials, etc., by gathering additional information, determining possible outcomes, or referring the issue to the appropriate person, verifying that the issue has been addressed satisfactorily, and keeping the Vice President for Enrollment Management informed.
- Oversee professional development for the Division by planning and organizing retreats, workshops, State of the Division informational sessions on current issues in Enrollment Management, and other training topics.
- Foster partnerships with faculty, staff, students, campus stakeholders, high schools, community colleges, secondary education systems, and community-based organizations throughout the University’s service areas.
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Division of Enrollment Management by performing all other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Education: Master’s degree in an applicable field.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Twelve (12) years of higher education experience with increasing levels of responsibility in Enrollment Management having most recently served in an Assistant Vice President or Director level (non-interim) position with managerial oversight of the office of Undergraduate Admissions is required. Additional managerial oversight of other Enrollment Management offices such as Financial Aid, New Student Orientation, Career Services, or Registrar is also required. A track record of increases in prospects/inquiries, application/admission, and deposit/yield conversion rates as contributing factors towards enrollment growth within the last five years is required. Knowledge of and proficient use of current search strategy, admissions technologies, data analytics tools, predictive modeling, and digital recruitment campaigns is required. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to: Ability to travel. Ability to work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends. Ability to demonstrate commitment to diversity. Working knowledge of student information systems and customer relationship management systems such as Ellucian-Banner and Salesforce/Target X.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: NA
- Other Requirements: Demonstrated ability in team building, leadership, supervision, management, selection, performance evaluation, conflict resolution, and problem-solving, within the context of a college or university admissions office is required. A demonstrated understanding of the importance of building and maintaining open communication with college partners, school counselors, and community college stakeholders is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated success in working with academic administration, and student leadership organizations, and a strong background in program and policy development and implementation is preferred. Bi-literate in English and Spanish is preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Directors, Associate Directors, Assistant Directors, Counselors, Specialists, Evaluators, Administrative Staff, Graduate Assistants, and student workers.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.