DIRECTOR, GLOBAL EDUCATION AND ENGAGEMENT (INTERNAL POSTING ONLY) (NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS)
Internal Posting Only
Job Title: Director, Global Education and Engagement – Internal Full-time Faculty Candidates Only (NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Global Education and Engagement
Opening Date: September 16, 2022
Closing Date: October 10, 2022
Review of all applications will begin immediately and continue until the closing date of October 10, 2022.
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
Note: This is an 11-month faculty administrative appointment. The term for this appointment is one academic year beginning in fall of 2022, with the possibility of reappointment to additional one-years terms based on performance and service to the GEEP.
Overview: Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Global Education and Engagement is charged with the oversight of the Global Education and Engagement Program (GEEP) within the Center for Integrative Studies. The Director works collegially with students, faculty, administrators, alumni, donors, and other friends of the program to advance GEEP’s mission and purpose in alignment with the University Strategic Plan. The Director provides institutional leadership in the development and management of Global Education and Engagement Program that will cultivate excellence among students and faculty interested in curricular and co-curricular education initiatives that promote interconnected global learning and development.
- Serves, in conjunction with the AVPAA, as the University’s liaison between the internal University community and a wide range of global partners, governments, donors, and organizations
- Develops creative/innovative strategies to increase interest in and access to international opportunities for students
- Identifies goals and expected outcomes for GEEP
- Assesses the effectiveness of the program
- Oversees all aspects of GEEP, including long-term and faculty-led short-term programs
- Seeks outside funding to increase opportunities for students to study abroad
- Conducts orientation for faculty to ensure adherence to all University policies related to global education opportunities
- Conducts orientation and provides immigration advisement for outbound students, conducts pre-program and post-program cultural competence assessments, and assists with re-entry aspects of all global education programs
- Ensures compliance with university finance policies and maintains accurate recordkeeping relative to GEEP
- Provides leadership in assessing and managing safety, health, and financial risk associated with GEEP
- Oversees curriculum development of a Global Enrichment (GE)Seminar class(es)
- Coordinates the academic instructional team for the GE seminar class, including faculty recruitment, training, performance and instructional review, weekly preparation meetings, and supports for the adjunct instructors
- Develops and implements intercultural training programs on campus for faculty and staff
- Collaborates with other departments on campus to develop innovative programs that strengthen intercultural awareness and understanding
- Provides monthly Global Education and Engagement report to AVPAA and SVPAA
- Performs other duties as assigned
- GEEP Steering Committee, consisting of faculty and staff, and students.
Qualifications: Applicants for this position must demonstrate commitment to academic quality and rigor and to the success of the students in the program, and willingness to enhance the position of the GEEP on Campus and in the University’s recruitment as well as fundraising.
To Apply: Email your cover letter addressing the position qualifications and experience and curriculum vitae to [email protected].
Johnson C. Smith University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring.