Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor of CounselingDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
An online adjunct for the Department of Counselor Education & Family Studies is responsible for the administration, facilitation, and teaching of online classes. Qualified adjuncts instruct graduate courses in the fields of Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Addiction Counseling and School Counseling.Instructional and administrative duties include grading, moderating interactive forums, roster verification, weekly written and video announcements, responding to student emails, academic and professional mentorship, and building relationships while under the supervision of Online Instructional Mentors.Other responsibilities include:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Maintain productive contact with students and offer assistance to students as needed.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in counseling or related field.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Professional or clinical counseling experience.
- Candidates will demonstrate a knowledge and application of current trends and practices in counseling.
- Understand and articulate discipline from a biblical worldview.
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to convey information.
- Ability to effectively collaborate remotely.
- Adequate interpersonal, customer service, and presentation skills.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills that facilitate the completion of assignments and tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and online Learning Management Systems.
- Familiarity with video conferencing platforms.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Doctoral degree in counselor education or related field from a CACREP accredited program.
- Candidates should have some experience teaching in higher education with preference given to those who have taught in the online environment.
- State board licensure in counseling specialty (NCC, LPC, LPSC, LMFT or equivalent).
- Experience in supervising practicum and internship counselor education students at the graduate level.
- A strong professional identity as a counselor will be demonstrated through advanced credentialing, presentations, publications, and service to the profession.
- Collaborative and positive disposition.
- Strong ability to articulate worldview and integration practices.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office suite and online Learning Management Systems.
09/13/2022Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.Quicklink:
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected].