Business Architect for Enrollment and Student SuccessPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Business Architect will report through Information Technology Services (ITS) but will be dedicated to supporting the needs of Enrollment Management. This position will be a critical partner for the division in aligning strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding technology products and services; partners and suppliers; and key business and IT initiatives. This position will lead and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to help ensure that the technology needs of the division are met.Position Summary:
The Business Architect will be an expert in business operations for the division. This position will be focused on aligning IT solutions with business needs, improving business outcomes, and coordinating cross-functional teams to achieve these outcomes.Minimum Qualifications:
Mid- to late-career with Masters and 2-4 yrs experience;Preferred Qualifications:
or Bachelors and 3-5 yrs experience
or Equivalent combination of education/experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt trained or certified, Master Black Belt, or equivalent certification.
- Experience in Higher Education or state agency.
- 7-10 years of experience in process management, business process improvement, business process management, or related discipline.
- Experience with supporting enrollment management operations (e.g., enrollment communications, financial aid, registrar’s office, etc.)
- Experience with business process methodology, governance, frameworks, or project management.
- Experience with designing high performing, cross-functional business processes that support enterprise-wide capabilities.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or similar ERP systems.
- Effective personal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others, drive new capabilities, and bring new ways of thinking into the organization.
- Effective listening and communication skills across executive, mid-level management, and business area teams
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that include:
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Commensurate with ExperienceOrg #-Department:
Info Technology Services - 23101Job Open Date:
06/30/2022Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Aligning IT solutions to support strategic business needs.Essential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Works with executive leadership to understand strategic business needs and develops clear and actionable plans to implement technology solutions to support those needs.
- Maintains a consistent understanding of the changing business and regulatory environment to adjust technology plans as needed.
- Manages relationships with executives and presents clear business cases for technology investment and prioritization.
- Works with user groups, analysts, and technical leads to align work backlog to capabilities and technology strategy.
Leading and managing execution of process improvement effortsEssential Tasks:
Leads demand qualification, project charter development, and process improvement efforts for the division. Works closely with functional stakeholders to identify current pain points and desired future state capabilities. Advises on the future state maturity needed to reach desired capability levels. Works with service owners, solution architects and technical architects to map applications and services to existing capabilities and identify solutions to achieve desired capability levels. Creates and maintains capability maps relevant to the division. Works with subject matter experts to document and formalize processes. Abstracts workflows and processes into higher-level artifacts (e.g., value streams, journey maps).Mentors and supports colleagues in the use of technologies that support sustainable, efficient business processes. Builds a culture of continuous improvement within the division.Percentage Of Time:
Serving as a liaison to Enrollment Management to ensure operational technology needs are metEssential Tasks:
- Serves as a primary point of contact for the division’s technology needs.
- Serves as a liaison between the division’s functional users and ITS technology staff.
- Works closely with technical support staff to drive issue resolution.
- Communicates and sets expectations with functional staff in the division.
- Prioritizes division technology needs and escalates to the appropriate parties when necessary.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - f, Reading - f, Writing - f, Hearing - f, Talking - f, Sitting - fWork Environment:
Inside - c