Instructor, Dental HygienePosition Type:
Tenure TrackPosition Code:
1.0Pay Rate (or Annual Salary):
$62,996-$96,885/annual *See Special Instructions to ApplicantsFLSA:
Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545Department:
Health, Kinesiology and AthleticsJob Summary:
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Dental Hygiene for Chabot College in Hayward, California.Representative Duties :
The Chabot College Community
Chabot College is committed to educational equity in its academic programs and college services so that students may achieve their personal, educational, and career goals. Our equity work today builds upon a strong history: the Puente and Umoja programs were first created at Chabot College, and have since been replicated across the state. These programs have paved the way for a series of additional educational and student support programs intentionally focused on equity that thrive at Chabot College today. Chabot College is located in Hayward, California, the third most diverse city in the United States. We serve a highly diverse student population and are proud to be designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Information about the demographics of our campus community can be found https://www.chabotcollege.edu/ir/index.asp.
Serving our diverse community requires a culturally-responsive approach that recognizes the myriad strengths and assets that our students bring to the campus community. We do so by promoting a classroom and co-curricular learning environment that is inclusive, collaborative, engaging, and challenging, and where respect, dignity, and integrity are core values. We see students as producers of knowledge, not just consumers of knowledge. We work to reframe inequities as a problem of practice, and view the elimination of inequities as an individual and institutional responsibility.
Joining Our College Community
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to an educational community. We look for applicants who:
1. Value and intentionally promote diversity and consciousness of difference
2. Demonstrate cultural humility and an ongoing desire to improve cultural competence
3. Are dedicated to addressing issues of social justice
4. Accept their shared role and responsibility in addressing opportunity and achievement gaps experienced by students
5. Have experience and success in closing student equity gaps and engaging in equitable practices, or are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about implementing practices that achieve these goals
6. Actively seek to identify, disrupt, and remove institutional and/or systemic barriers that adversely impact historically marginalized communities
7. Empower the underrepresented and underserved
8. Foster students’ potential to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders
9. Believe that all people have the right to an education and work environment free from fear, harassment, or discrimination.
1. Didactic and clinical teaching experience for second year dental hygiene curriculum.Minimum Education and Experience:
2. Advanced education in teaching clinical hygiene, digital radiographs, administration of local anesthetic, nitrous oxide oxygen analgesia.
3. Effective oral and written communication.
4. Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
5. Experience in working within a team environment with sensitivity to cooperation and flexibility with colleagues and students.
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
7. Ability to organize and develop curricular change, implement the changes and evaluate the effect of these changes.
8. Current knowledge of research in evidence-based learning.
9. Three or more year of recent dental hygiene practice.
10. Experience supervising and coordinating dental hygiene clinical rotations.
11. Experience developing dental hygiene clinical competency evaluation tools.
12. Working knowledge of Center for Disease Control and Dental Board of California Guidelines for Infection Control.
13. Understanding of and experience in dental hygiene accreditation process.
14. Involvement in professional dental hygiene organizations, community or committee work.
15. Competency in the area taught.
16. Assume responsibility and accountability for instruction, evaluation of students, and planning and implementing curriculum content.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene and/or related field;Minimum Qualifications:
2. Current California Registered Dental Hygiene License
3. Current certification in BLS/CPR
4. Five years of dental hygiene teaching experience.
5. Current knowledge of the specific subjects taught, which can be met by either: having completed twelve (12) hours of continuing education in the designated subject area; or two (2) semester units or three (3) quarter units of dental hygiene education related to the designated dental hygiene area; or have national certification in the designated dental hygiene area.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before January 1, 2023 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.Desirable Qualifications:
Master’s degree or candidate-in progress in Dental Hygiene, Public Health, Education, or related field.Job Work Schedule:
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Spring 2023.Physical Demands and Working Environment :
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.Posting Number:
10/12/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
The Board of Trustees has implemented a vaccine mandate for all employees. Accordingly, finalist(s) must comply with the vaccine mandate prior to being forwarded to the Board of Trustees for approval. See vaccine mandate information atNotification to Applicants:
*Annual Salary anticipated to increase, see http://districtazure.clpccd.org/hr/salary-schedules.php
as information is updated.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement:
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.EEO Statement:
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.