Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College invites applications for a 9-month, Full Time, Salaried, Tenure Track Faculty position for our Radiologic Technology program beginning spring, 2023. UC Blue Ash College is the largest regional college in Ohio offering primarily associate degrees, with an enrollment of approximately 5,100 students. The UC Blue Ash College's Radiologic Technology Program is a selective admissions program admitting approximately 24 students per class each year.Description
Faculty responsibilities include teaching courses in a variety of formats (face-to-face, on-line, and/or hybrid) within the associate degree of Radiologic Technology program, bachelor's degree of Applied Administration Healthcare Leadership track, and other courses within the Allied Health Department; supervising radiologic technology (radiography) students in the clinical and laboratory settings, planning and documenting course and clinical content in accordance with national curriculum and accreditation standards, participating in recruitment, academic advising, program resource development, and other program, department, college, and university functions. Candidate will also be expected to provide service to the department, college, and university and demonstrate evidence of professional activity. The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to excellence in teaching.Essential Functions
The following essential functional abilities must be met by all faculty. The faculty member must:
- Be able to move and operate radiography and other health-related equipment.
- Be able to accurately evaluate digital radiographic images for quality pertaining to positioning, exposure, artifacts, and patient preparation
- Be able to safely and competently push, pull, lift, and transfer patients to perform exams and provide care.
- Possess the visual acuity necessary to read, compute, and identify objects correctly.
- Be able to communicate effectively and immediately with others in both verbal and written.
- Be able to interpret environmental cues, both audio and visual stimuli, and respond immediately as necessary.
- Be CPR-certified at the level of Health Care Provider through the American Heart Association and be able to competently begin and administer CPR.
- Be able to engage in clinical activities for a sustained time in the laboratory and clinical environments. This includes frequent standing and walking for 6-8 hours.
This position requires all of the following prior to the effective date of the appointment:
- Must hold ARRT certification in Radiography and hold or be eligible to hold an unrestricted Ohio Radiologic License.
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in radiologic technology or an associate's degree in radiologic technology and a bachelor's degree in a health, education, or other applicable field.
- A master's degree in a related field is required.
- Curriculum Vitae must document a combination of at least three years of teaching and radiography digital imaging clinical experiences.
- Ideal candidates are those with certification in cardiac interventional imaging, computed tomography, or both.
- Must be detail-oriented, have proficiency in English, excellent information literacy/computer skills, and reliable transportation to clinical sites.
- Faculty members must also be able to perform the essential functions.
Applicants MUST upload the following documents:
Compensation and Benefits
- A cover letter.
- Unofficial transcripts.
- ARRT certification.
- A list of 3-5 professional references.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN