Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Radiation Oncology invites applications for a Medical Physics faculty position, rank commensurate with experience and academic accomplishments. The successful candidate should hold a MS or PhD (PhD preferred) in physics, engineering, medical physics or related field and be ABR certified. This position will have clinical responsibilities at the West Chester Hospital Radiotherapy Center, which houses two Varian Truebeams, Philips CT/Sim, Eclipse, ARIA, MIM, and a full range of quality assurance software and hardware.
The Department of Radiation Oncology Division of Research current areas of exploration include molecular effects of proton radiotherapy (FLASH and conventional dose rate), immune effects of radiation therapy, mechanisms of radiation resistance, and real-time changes after radiation using quantitative phase imaging microscopy.Essential Functions
- Performing and developing the QA program.
- Implementing new treatments techniques.
- Supporting 3D, IMRT, SRS and SBRT treatment planning.
- Supporting clinical trials and other clinical projects.
The faculty member will participate in:
Minimum Education and Experience
- Teaching in the medical physics graduate program, the medical physics residency, and the medical radiation oncology residency.
- Supporting both the basic and clinical research missions of the department is also expected.
Compensation and Benefits
- Candidate must have a master’s degree and completed residency from an accredited program in Radiation Oncology.
- Candidates must be either board certified or board eligible from the American Board of Radiology (ABR) prior to starting position.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN