Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Faculty - Military Medicine (Full-Time)
This position is part of the newly established Clinical Sciences department at MCOM.
(expected start date of May 2023)
We are looking for someone to help establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine, a branch campus of Rocky Vista University.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. Specifically, Faculty salary is determined by these factors as well as Faculty Rank which will be determined by the RVU Rank and Promotion committee
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Participate in teaching, service, and scholarly activities for RVU-MCOM in Billings, Montana. Teaching responsibilities will include – teaching foundational clinical knowledge, skills, reasoning, and attitudes to students throughout the MCOM curriculum, with an emphasis on military medicine.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide education, mentorship, and guidance to all students at the Montana campus in a variety of settings, including the classroom, clinic, laboratory, and simulation center, with an emphasis on military medicine.
- Maintain discipline and teaching expertise through continuing professional education.
- Participate in curriculum development, delivery, assessment, and enhancement.
- Provide service to the University and the greater community by serving on committees, providing leadership, participating in community outreach events and working with professional organizations or groups.
- Maintain regular office hours for participation in student advising, tutoring, and consultation.
- Engage in scholarly activity, including research, authorship, presentations at conferences, and mentorship of students in their scholarly activities.
- Participate in student assessment, feedback, and remediation to ensure that students meet MCOM’s high academic standards in the areas of knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Participate in the faculty development program, which includes providing instructional feedback to fellow faculty members and participating in faculty development training.
- Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degrees (as assigned).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Terminal clinical degree (DO, MD, DPT, etc.) with current board certification.
- Military commissioned service in a medical field.
- Able to obtain medical licensure in Montana
- Good standing with all relevant regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Good standing with all relevant professional organizations.
- Eligible for coverage by the University’s malpractice insurer.
- Teaching experience at a college of osteopathic medicine or graduate medical education program
- Greater than two (2) years of academic or clinical teaching experience.
- Familiarity with the clinical application of osteopathic principles and/or manipulative treatment.
- Leadership or administrative experience in a clinical or educational setting.
- Prior scholarly activity (i.e., research, authorship, professional presentations).
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.