Location, Job Title, Benefits
A special opportunity as the first
Director of Tracks and Electives at Rocky Vista University
We are looking for someone to help lead and establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine, a branch campus of Rocky Vista University which will be located in Billings, MT.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Director of Tracks and Electives is the principal leader and coordinator for all Tracks and Elective (TE) courses at MCOM. The Director is responsible for the supervision of the budget and all resources allocated for Tracks and Electives. The Director will work closely with Chairs and faculty to ensure the cohesive administration and scheduling of Tracks and Elective courses. This position will report directly to the Assistant Dean for Preclinical Education.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide coordination, oversight, and direction of Tracks and Electives within the COM Curriculum. This includes recruitment and training of faculty and staff, as well as curricular planning, development and implementation.
- Mange TE course syllabi and evaluations and provide timely feedback to TE Course Directors.
- Assist the Assistant Dean for Preclinical Education in planning, developing, and managing the budget and all allocated resources related to TE operations.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship, and expertise, participating in community outreach events and working with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the college’s ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in teaching in other COM courses or educational activities as requested by the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity by recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent within an atmosphere of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Represent RVU with positivity and integrity in collaborative initiatives with internal and external stakeholders to help accomplish the mission of the University.
- Serve as an active participant on various committees or task forces or other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
- Act as liaison between MCOM, the professional community, other educational institutions and organizations as indicated or directed by the Assistant Dean or Dean of MCOM.
- Participate in relevant and appropriate community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the college and the university.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership skills, delegation skills, and time management skills
- Demonstrate effective teaching and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency in at least one higher education learning management system (e.g. Blackboard, Canvas, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computers, electronics, and software (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel, PDF, Zoom, etc.) commensurate with the modern work environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and professionalism in video conferencing, speaking, and teaching in the digital age.
- Demonstrate experience in virtual teaching (e.g. pre-recorded lectures, Zoom lectures, etc.)
- Terminal professional clinical degree.
- Academic teaching experience at an accredited medical school.
- Experience as a faculty member and a course director.
- Experience in personnel and budget management.
- Experience in standardized testing and assessment.
- Involvement with state or national organizations.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.