Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for
Adjunct Faculty - (Part-Time)
This position is part of the newly established Clinical Sciences department at MCOM.
(We are looking to hire several physicians or other health care professionals to help teach foundational clinical skills, osteopathic manipulation, and/or clinical ultrasound with a start date of July 2023.)
We are looking for someone to help establish the Montana College of Osteopathic Medicine, a branch campus of Rocky Vista University.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: This position pays $100/hour. Other benefits include a customizeable part-time work schedule and access to the RVU's library holdings.
For our Part-time Adjunct Faculty employees RVU also offers benefits that include 401(K).
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Adjunct Faculty will participate in lab-based teaching activities at RVU-MCOM campus in Billings, Montana. Responsibilities include teaching foundational clinical knowledge, skills, reasoning, and attitudes of students throughout the MCOM curriculum.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide education, mentorship, and guidance to all students at the Montana campus in a variety of settings, including the classroom, clinic, laboratory, and simulation center.
- Teach regularly in courses consistent with clinical expertise, such as clinical skills course, osteopathic manipulative medicine, ultrasound, and/or medical simulation.
- Participate in curriculum development, delivery, assessment, and enhancement.
- Participate in required faculty training activities.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity within an atmosphere of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Commitment to RVU’s mission, vision, and values, which are service, integrity, diversity, excellence, compassion, innovation, and collegiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Competence in the use of digital technology used in the delivery of medical education at MCOM.
- Clinical proficiency in area of specialization.
- Terminal medical degree (DO or MD). Other terminal healthcare degrees will be considered if the applicant has significant clinical experience.
- Good standing with all relevant regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Eligible for coverage by the University’s malpractice insurer if applicable.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
- Current board certification or board eligibility in area of specialization.
- Proficiency in osteopathic manipulation or clinical ultrasound.
- Teaching experience at a college of osteopathic medicine or graduate medical education program
- Familiarity with the clinical application of osteopathic principles and/or manipulative treatment.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder. Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.