Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Information Technology Manager (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$83,000 - $107,900+ per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Manager of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all operating aspects of the IT and audio-visual (AV) systems for the RVU Montana (RVU-MT) campus.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Director of Campus Operations in coordinating the overall planning and decision-making for maintaining smooth operations for the IT and AV equipment and systems of the RVU-MT campus.
- Recruit and hire the IT/AV team.
- Conduct regular needs assessments for IT and AV needs for RVU MT and create a strategic plan for IT and AV.
- Plan and execute the approved annual budget for the IT and AV operations of the RVU-MT Campus.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor the RVU-MT staff of IT.
- Ensure timely installation, configuration, and upgrades of software, hardware, network devices, telephony, and other IT or AV equipment to support all the programs delivered at RVU-MT.
- Ensure excellence customer service and support for all RVU-MT employees and students for IT and AV needs.
- Assist RVU-MT faculty, staff, and students with university events for IT and/or AV needs.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity by recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent within an atmosphere of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Operations and/or the Vice President of the RVU-MT campus.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge in the Microsoft server and desktop platforms.
- Advanced knowledge in VMware, EMC data storage, Cisco networking/telephony, and Dell hardware solutions and operation.
- Experience in leading the operations of an IS department.
- Experience in IS infrastructure planning and development.
- Strong team leading skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a higher learning environment.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT related information to management.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team-based setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- Five years of relevant professional IT experience
- Experience in AV
- Supervisory experience.
- IT work experience in a college or university setting.
- Strong background in AV equipment and services.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.