Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Manager of Facilities and Grounds (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$60,000 - $74,900+ per year the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Manager of Facilities and Grounds is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all maintenance requirements of the building(s) and grounds of the RVU Montana (RVU-MT) campus.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Director of Campus Operations in coordinating the overall planning and decision-making for maintaining the safety, utility, and professional appearance of the RVU-MT campus.
- Recruit and hire the facilities and grounds team.
- Plan and execute the approved annual budget for all aspects of the operation of the RVU-MT Campus.
- Manage the RVU-MT campus, facility, custodial and grounds, HVAC system, vehicle maintenance, safety and coordination of facilities usage.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor the RVU-MT staff of Facilities and Grounds.
- Create and manage a schedule of regular inspections, landscaping, maintenance work, and warranty coverage of all machinery, equipment, furniture, signage, electrical and other aspects of the RVU-MT facilities and grounds.
- Monitor and oversee the direction of day-to-day functions and responsibilities of the facilities and grounds of the RVU-MT Campus.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity by recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent within an atmosphere of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Prepare work orders and/or coordinate and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors involving carpentry, plumbing, heating, ventilating, electrical, air conditioning, including inspection and completion.
- Monitor and maintain HVAC Management System, lighting and door closure scheduling.
- Ensure operation and upkeep of vehicles and equipment owned by RVU.
- Assist RVU-MT faculty, staff, and students with university events including set ups, teardowns, and clean-up.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Operations and/or the Vice President of the RV-MT campus.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills; ability to develop, maintain and manage processes.
- Advanced level of computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to work effectively, cohesively and professionally in a multi-cultural team-based environment.
- Ability to work with confidential material with a high level of attention to detail and discretion.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five years of previous experience in building maintenance and operations.
- Two years of previous experience as a supervisor of other people.
- College Degree
- Professional background or experience in education.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.