The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides hardware and software support for local computing resources. Supports local networking resources and requirements. Works with technology staff, clients, collaborators and vendors to identify and analyze needs, investigate solutions, implement and deploy required technologies. Maintains technologies and observes procedures used for management and deployment of systems and software. Works to complete projects as assigned by institutional, departmental or divisional requirements. Functions as an active participant in working with departments, departmental liaisons and the individual clients. Maintain an awareness and understanding of technological advances, vendor product offerings and issues in line with campus requirements. Maintains current knowledge of institutional, departmental and divisional policies and procedures and acts in all duties and responsibilities to comply with these and other required regulations, policies or procedures. Responsibilities
Minimum EducationHigh School Diploma or GED required.Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Minimum ExperienceMinimum requirement: Four (4) substantial years experience providing support around IT systems (e.g. operating systems; setup and configuration of computers and printers in a networked environment; maintenance of hardware components and computer peripherals).Experience working with TCPIP and Microsoft Networking.Experience supporting PC and Mac hardware.Experience supporting MS Windows and MacOS.Experience supporting Linux OS is a plus.Experience providing customer service and consulting around complex system issues. Other CredentialsCertification in A+, Network, Windows, or Apple preferred Other InformationSt. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting computer systems and networks.
- Provide technical support for clients experiencing hardware, software, and/or networking issues.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical issues or incidents and escalate as appropriate to ensure timely resolution.
- Develop reports and documentation regarding technical issues as required (e.g. installation, upgrades, support, compatibility issues).
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry.
- Must have experience supporting PC and Mac hardware.
- Must have experience supporting MS Windows and MacOS.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of the department and institution.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.COVID-19 vaccine:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment. F1474