The Statistician reports to and works closely with the Director of Institutional Research in reporting data for the University.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for institutional research projects including collecting, organizing, classifying, summarizing and validating quantified data for the production of recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinates research studies and projects; compiles, organizes, analyzes and reports on statistical and demographic data.
- Conducts ongoing environmental scans to identify and report on national, regional, local and institutional trends.
- Research endeavors include short term and longitudinal studies.
- Works closely with University systems analysts to extract data from information systems including Financier, Campus Management, Finance and Human Resources.
- Provides data for program review, supporting academic program planning and assessment, student enrollment, residency, admissions, finance and financial aid, as well as faculty workload analysis.
- Analyzes data to identify trends and validates report data.
- The position also works to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all survey projects.
- Completes responses to external surveys and assists with ad hoc data requests.
- Collects data according to the report or study schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
- Reviews data reported to ensure the information received is complete.
- Extracts and summarizes data.
- Utilizes statistical software to manipulate, summarize, and interpret data.
- Resolves differences and inconsistencies resulting from survey and data collection processes.
- Produces relevant professional tables and charts as needed to support analytical studies/reports and data requests from internal and external constituencies.
- Prepares assigned portions of written and interpretive summaries to fulfill governmental reporting requirements.
- Prepares presentations for various campus audiences including Strategic Planning, Enrollment Management, Deans Council and Council of Trustees.
- Supports the production and updating of standard institutional reports including the annual web-based and paper Factbook and Common Data Set.
- Performs various clerical duties including answering phones, scheduling, time entry, and purchasing.
- Assists with other institutional research projects as needed.
Internal applicants can view the full job description here:AFSCME 2022-0149 -091222-091622.pdf
- Associates Degree
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access databases
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or data science
- Some expertise in SQL
- One year or more of data entry experience
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business October 23, 2022.
The starting salary for this position is $47,472, per the AFSCME bargaining agreement.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful typing test, interview, background clearance, and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions. Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].