Assistant Athletic Trainer (Full-time or Part-time)Location:
Jun 28, 2022Description:
Bard College is seeking an Assistant Athletic Trainer to assist in the coordination of all aspects of injury prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation of student athletes. This is a full-time or part-time, 10-month per year position reporting to the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletics and Recreation.
The successful candidate will have an interest in supporting an environment in which students of all experience and ability levels and from diverse backgrounds are supported and encouraged.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Member of the College’s Student Services Staff and participates in all related meetings and committees.
- Completes necessary documentation including, but not limited to, injury reports, daily check in log, student-athlete travel and insurance records.
- Works with the college’s insurance administrator in assisting student-athletes with claims and necessary paperwork related to injuries as covered by the Bard College insurance plan.
- Assists in the scheduling and implementation of pre-participation physicals for all student-athletes to include the college’s team physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Maintains related software injury and treatment database.
- Assists in the coverage of intercollegiate practices and competitions.
- Relates necessary sports medicine information to visiting institutions and athletic training staff. Assists in the oversight of Bard College coaching staff required certifications and related documentation.
- Attends periodic staff meetings and select Bard College Student Services meetings.
- Involved in overseeing the Marist College Student Athletic Training program affiliation and supervises individuals assigned to the college.
- Maintains current NATA/BOC, CPR/AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Attends select professional developmental opportunities such as the NATA convention.
- Conduct is related to NATA Code of Ethics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Athletic Training
- NATA-BOC certification, New York State license and CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required. CSCS, PES, CES, Graston, ART, EMT certifications are beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of computer statistical software and internet skills
- Must be able to maintain flexible work schedule to including evenings and weekends.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and the contact information for three professional references on Interfolio by following this link: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.